iLife 05 really worth the upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Reuven, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Reuven macrumors member

Reuven

I am considering to get Ilife 05 but us it really worth it ?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Wait and see the reviews when people start getting their copies would be my advice. And figure out whether any of the new advertised features would actually be useful to you

I like the idea of the nested folders in iPhoto and some of the other photo-editing options that are in there but I already have Elements so it's not essential. And up to now, I've found the photobooks very expensive (at least in the UK) so unlikely to use that feature.

I don't really use iMovie currently so having an HD version will make no difference to me. And I only dabble in Garageband to show off my Mac to others so again, the upgrade wouldn't be used much by me.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Depends what you will us and what you have. iphoto 5 is really slow on my g3 imac.. i haven't tried iMovie yet.

4. Reuven thread starter macrumors member

Reuven

Well I am an iphoto user and a new user to imovie.

But I agree depends on my needs, I suppose time will tell :)

5. Romulan macrumors member

The only reason i'd get it is for iphoto, because i dont have an editing program. imovie just added some transitions and has a new "smart movie" feature that will put together a movie for you, transitions and all. Of course, it now supports HD, but how many consumers and gonna have the cash for a camera like that, and if they did, why in god's name would they use imovie. :confused:

6. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

I will buy iLife because I desperately need RAW support in iphoto + being able to edit widescreen in iMovie and burn widescreen with iDVD (haven't figured out how to do so in the current version of iDVD)

7. 3Memos macrumors 6502

YES!! Speed improvements abound in all the apps. iDVD and iPhoto are my two favourite programs on the Mac. $79 is not alot for what this suite of apps does.