iLife '05 with Powermac's?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Devie, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Devie macrumors 6502a

Sorry if been answered before, I had a quick look around and came up with nothing.
    Curious if the new iLife will be bundles with the Powermacs now? Or are they still going to come with '04?
    Cheers.

2. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Well, in the keynote steve said it would come free with all Mac's, but none of the web sites reflect that yet...

3. AdmittedPCuser macrumors member

iLife will be released on Jan.22 in the US

On the press release (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jan/11ilife.html) Apple states that "iLife ‘05 will be available in the US on Saturday, January 22 and worldwide on Saturday, January 29". I don't know what Apple has done historically, but wouldn't they update the software that is included with their hardware on the same day?

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

They did it last year, once they introduced iLife 04', it came with all the macs. I think they were just commenting on the Mac Mini because it was already so cheap and they wanted to show that they didn't skimp on the software with it.

5. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

As SJ said, all new macs will come with iLife 05, but it isn't shipping until the 22nd. However, check out this page to see that people who buy a mac before then can upgrade pretty cheap... if they can't wait the extra 2 weeks.

6. Devie thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheers guys :D, when I get the extra money I need, (wich will prolly take like two weeks), I'll buy me first mac :D.