iLife 06 and iphoto

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 4leaf, Aug 31, 2006.

1. 4leaf macrumors member

i just upgraded to iLife 06 ...its put my photos into other folders but thats ok, not too bothered.

What i wanna know is if i can rename the photos so that when i am going through my iphoto folders for emails they are labelled?

ie me&linda.jpg

any ideas?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's not how iPhoto is intended to be used. They don't want you to browse the actual files for your photos, it's a mess in there.

When you want to mail photos you're best (IMO) to open iPhoto, drag the pics you want out to the desktop (this will makes copies, not remove them from your library). You can then edit, rename, whatever the copies there and mail them off.

You might even be able to mail straight from iPhoto (I forget, and am not in front of my Mac right now).

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

you can mail straight from iPhoto - drag&drop goodness.

As edesign said, it's best to ignore the files' placements. Enjoy iPhoto like you enjoy iTunes, i.e. who cares where the files are, here's a great application for viewing/sharing them.

4. PatrickF macrumors 6502

And if you really wanted a bunch of files with the correct file names you can always export your pictures from iPhoto. This will make copies of them and give you options of how to name the files and what size to use.

5. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

It's definitely best to let iPhoto do its magic with the folders and orginal files and just drag the pictures you need out (make a copy) for emailing or editing in photoshop. This way your orginals stay safe and iphoto is happy.