iLife '06, or wait until '07 version comes out?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guitarman777, Feb 8, 2007.

1. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

I'd like to upgrade, I think I've got a need for several of the updated and upgraded features. I'm a little hesitant about iWeb, heard that it's a pain in the neck to use if you don't have a .Mac account. Who knows? Might like it more than I think I will. Anyhoo. I know iLife '07 is due to be released at some point, who knows exactly when. Should I wait for the '07 release or go ahead and get the '06 version now? Thoughts? Opinions?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Unless you really need it now I would wait for iLife 07.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If possible, I'd wait. '07 might not be out for a month or two (or next week - who knows?) but it'll include a number of enhancements and probably some nice Leopard features too (should you upgrade to 10.5). If you need it now, buy it now... but '07 is coming "soon".

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What do you have right now? 05? What features do you want in 06? I have both, so I could tell you if those features are worth it. But if you can wait a couple months, you might as well hold off until 07.

5. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

It it definately coming soon, or is it possible that they skipped a version, and are planning an '08 iLife release?

6. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Can you afford to wait...

If you need the features now then get it now... You may get a discount if purchased within 60 or 90 days for an upgrade to the next version.
    iWeb is great, I use it with my .Mac account and for a regular ISP website.. you just need to get a separate FTP uploader ... there are lots of good free ones out there...

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

No. iLife '07 is coming, and many are surprised it isn't out yet.
    Apple has, to my knowledge, never done this, at least in the US.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well they need to beat Vista some more, so I doubt they'd skip a version, though it may be included in Leopard.