iLife 06 printing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merlynhome, Jan 18, 2006.

1. merlynhome macrumors member

Hi

I have just purchased a second hand but new condition Powerbook, which will come with iLife 05. At MWSF Steve Jobs said that the book quality from iPhoto has been inproved and is now very crisp and sharp.

My question is, is the inprovment a printing issue or a softwhere one. So will iPhoto 05 also have an improved quality when ordering books or is it just the new iPhoto.

Any comparison and thoughts would be appreciated.

Should I buy the new iLife or will I be happy with what I have.

Thanks

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

No one can really answer that. It's definitely a printing issue, but if the new version of iPhoto actually sends higher quality images in for printing? who knows, but probably not. Will the quality be better on iPhoto 05? It probably should be, but they might still use the old printing on 05 just to get you to update to 06

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I think it's because they've upped the default resolution in the iPhoto books in iPhoto 6. It's now 300dpi rather than 150.

You can make the same change in iPhoto 5 by downloading a little app called Prefsetter, opening up your iPhoto preferences in it and then changing the booktarget figures to 300 rather than 150