iLife 06 problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smwatson, Feb 9, 2006.

1. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Ive just finished installing iLife '06 and i have a few problems:
    - Garageband: I try to use my built-in isight mic to record my voice, but i just get huge amounts of feedback (ie high pitched whine type noise). Any idea why?
    -iPhoto: Opened it, it tried to update my photo library and it ran into a problem. Apparently it is unable to because of a file that is locked so cant be changed. I supposedly need to change the permissions for iphoto library, but i dont know how. ALL help is masisvely appreciated...

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

Plug in headphones or turn off your speakers while recording. The mic is picking up the sound coming out of your computer speakers which is causing the feedback.

3. smwatson thread starter macrumors 6502a

smwatson

ty very much for that. Now for the iphoto one...;)

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You can browse to your ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library/ directory, and press <COMMAND> <I> (or choose "Get Info" from the "File" manu).

Now, on the bottom of that "Info", you will notice "Ownership & Permissons".
    Open that, and open the "Details" too.
    There you will find the Owner, Group, and Others' permissions to that folder (directory). Make sure the owner is set to your own <shortname>. Also the permissions should be set to "Read & Write".
    If so, you could click on the button "Apply to enclosed items". This will propogate the defined permissions to all sub-folders and documents (images.. etc.)

Give it some time to finish the process.... depending on how many photos are in your library.
    Hope that will help.

It could be possible that one (or more) items really are "locked". If so, then in the same "Get Info" panel, you can see the "Locked" info, with a checkbox next to it. Well... uncheck it then. ;)