iLife '07 Rumors?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheFlash, Jan 8, 2007.

1. TheFlash macrumors newbie

I haven't seen any rumors on what features iLife '07 or iWork '07 will have?

2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

iLife and iWork, I believe, are really actually updated every 2 years.

2004:
    iLife - Added Garageband

2005:
    iWork - introduced (added Pages)
    iLife - uh... renamed iMovie to iMovie HD

2006:
    iWork - ... I don't buy iWork, so I honestly don't know what happened this year
    iLife - Added iWeb

2007:
    iWork - Probably will add spreadsheet app
    iLife - New themes for iMovie? 2 new greeting cards?

3. GregA macrumors 65816

I haven't seen many rumors either. Even these above links are mainly iWork - iPhoto integration with Google Maps is interesting if there's anything to it.

I do believe that upgrades haven't been significant on iLife each year - things like "iPhoto can scroll much faster" were desperately needed but aren't great features.

My hopes for iLife are:
    1) iWeb allows you to save your website and move it to a different machine.
    2) iDVD can export as an iWeb website. Make your DVD and publish it to .Mac (or your website) in h264 for streaming access.
    3) Merge iPhoto's slideshows with iMovie's themes. Export slideshows to iMovie.
    4) Backup iMovies & iDVDs, so that I can put an iDVD in my drive and edit it as if I'd saved the raw files on my computer the whole time.
    5) Better searches for iPhoto. Global time changes (ie: "every photo on this roll is 6yrs and 3hrs out of date, fix them all.")

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can already do this. If you mean the output of iWeb for hosting outside .Mac you can simply export the entire site. If you mean in an editable way iWeb stores the entire site in a single file that you can move to another machine...

5. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I've tried doing this and it becomes a pain. I'm hoping iWeb gets some major updating in the next iLife.

My other big hope is that iPhoto handles photos more like Aperture.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think that there's little chance of that. Apple would rather you just buy Aperture!

7. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I know right? lol... I am going to try to buy it before I loose my student discount this May

8. kevindosi macrumors regular

iweb improvements

i'd like to see improvements to iweb also - a travel feature with google map integration would be nice. omama.

9. GregA macrumors 65816

There is a substantial range of possibilities for upgrading most of the iLife applications.

I'd like to see iWeb allow us to make interactive websites (optionally).
    Things like integrated guest books, basic feedback (or even discussion areas), Contact us sheets, & web-based iChat. Login for security.

But just making the iWeb sites more friendly for web searches would be good.

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Er, you list the annual updates, and say they update the package every 2 years? Sometimes the updates are smaller, but they always add something to them... new applications, new features (adding HD to iMovie is a pretty big deal, imo), new templates, etc.

Hoping for a spreadsheet app, and lots of improvements to iPhoto. I think they should add a second video track to iMovie, too. Won't compete with FCE for pro/semi-pro work as 2 video tracks makes it doable but hard to do PiP and other similar effects. Would also allow really basic compositing, etc.

iDVD should get some more features, like more control over compression settings and the amount of time available on the disc. I also hope that since they seem to be holding onto the '07 updates for Leopard that they offer them in a bundle... Normally, OSX is $129, iLife iand iWork are $79 each. Sell them in a single package for $219 and I think they'd sell a lot more copies of each.

11. esaleris macrumors 6502

The unbundling of Quicken from the software bundle is interesting. I wonder if Apple will secretly release a simple Apple-ish personal finance application.

12. BigPrince macrumors 68020

There is no iLife 07 coming out. Apple never said it was going to be a yearly thing. iLife 06 is more then suffice.

/I hope not.

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well hopefully they'll release it with Leopard and call it iLife 08...

14. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

That's a Microsoft trick. ;)

15. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Well, it won't be a trick if Leopard doesn't come out until '08....

....what am I saying!!? :eek:

16. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

The Rumor That There Will Ever Be An iLife '07 Is FALSE. It's Gonna Be iLife '08

Stop with the iLife/iWork '07 already. It's way past the stale date for that number. It's gonna be iLife/iWork '08 and it won't come out until Leopard does. This way they have a new package they don't have to upgrade large for another 18 months 'til the January 2009 MacWorld.

I'm thinking 10.6 Lion is planned for 2010 now. Lion is just my fantasy next cat name. I don't have any intel that's the cat it'll be.

17. esaleris macrumors 6502

Mac OS X 10.7 "Kitten" - That'd probably be a good marketing move for all those college girls!