iLife 11 included with Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ELMI0001, Jun 4, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

Will iLife 11 be included with Lion? I want to upgrade iPhoto but have waited this long and can wait a little longer. I will be upgrading to Lion.

What's the precedence? I bought an iLife upgrade disc after purchasing my MacBook, but I think I only paid shipping.

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

iLife is not a part of the OS. It will not be included in Lion.

3. celticpride678

iLife itself is not included with an OS. There is a separate disc that comes with every Mac, however, where you can reinstall iLife if needed.

4. macrumors regular

It is always possible... But I think they will push future iLife's into the App Store. In the future if you don't have the internet you won't get most of the updates...

I would still assume that Lion is on a DVD DL and will not have any room for "extras" Theres an App for that!

Just assume that Lion is a performance enhancement and a feature implementation of some sort!

5. celticpride678

iLife is already available in the Mac App Store.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

Sounds good - I'll just download iPhoto 11 today then. Thanks all and Mac App Store!

7. macrumors regular

I know this, maybe you interpreted it wrong...

8. macrumors member

The only way you get the new iLife free is when you buy a mac after it's release, otherwise it's an upgrade and that only comes by itself for a fee :)