Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
sneaky and neat how you got the info, I wonder if this will lead Apple to "plug the leak" by keeping the stuff on their internal test servers more so instead of the public servers....

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
Amazingly the Google fanboiis inject their venom in each and every thread on MACrumors. :)

coleridge78

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
I doubt it. Most of those "discoveries" are part of Apple's marketing strategy anyway: It's cheap and provides A LOT of free media coverage.

And as with all of your wise pronouncements, you say this with precisely zero evidence even though it is an extraordinary claim.

Deliberate leaks are a very small PR avenue for any company, even Apple, because contrary to your assertion they generate very little buzz out in the wider world beyond forums. And setting up a deliberate leak by exposing something to a web spider?

Come on. Back it up, or admit that as usual you're just making it up.

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Misleading? The only way the invite could be misleading is if the entire program was about non-Mac products. The invite only said "Back to Mac".

As for the Lion=10.7 that is personal inference. We all assume the lion is a hint on 10.7. However, it could also have some other meaning -- like Safari or unnamed app related to Safari or the web.

If there's no 10.7 I'd absolutely class the invite as misleading, intentionally or not. Big cats = OS X, and here's a new big cat.

If the whole event didn't mention a mac, the invite wouldn't be misleading. It would simply be a lie :p

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
If there's no 10.7 I'd absolutely class the invite as misleading, intentionally or not. Big cats = OS X, and here's a new big cat.

If the whole event didn't mention a mac, the invite wouldn't be misleading. It would simply be a lie :p
Historically, Apple has given the public a preview of the upcoming OS X, yet the final release will be months later. If they do this today, they would be keeping in line with previous behavior.

They could easily release new Macs without a new operating system. They have done so in the past, you know.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
Ick. I hope this never happens and I'm tired of hearing people wish for a fusion of the OS's in a single device. The iOS was designed for portable low power devices. Not fully capable computers. Get over your apps. We want applications.

Why? No one would force you to use the iOS layer, but it could be handy for some of us. There would still be Mac OSX. I think in a small device it would be the best of both worlds, especially if the keyboard could fold back or be removed.

I doubt I'm right--I'm just having fun speculating anyway.

Sminman86

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
They Are Streaming The Event.

Looks like Apple will be streaming the event for us:

When: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 10:00 a.m. PDT
Where: http://www.apple.com/uk
Live Video Streaming
Apple® will broadcast its October 20 event online using Apple's industry-leading HTTP Live Streaming, which is based on open standards. Viewing requires either a Mac® running Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10.6 Snow Leopard®, an iPhone® or iPod touch® running iOS 3.0 or higher, or an iPad™. The live broadcast will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT on October 20, 2010 at http://www.apple.com/uk.
This broadcast is the property of Apple and is protected by US copyright law and international treaties. Any reproduction or distribution is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Apple. Please contact Apple Public Relations with any questions.
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple is reinventing the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
64 bit iLife apps?

A new MBA? If it's good enough I'm going to scale down and get one. I love those things, but they definitely need more ram.

Bring it on!

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Looks like Apple will be streaming the event for us:...
Viewing requires either a Mac® running Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10.6 Snow Leopard®, an iPhone® or iPod touch® running iOS 3.0 or higher, or an iPad™. The live broadcast will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT on October 20, 2010 at http://www.apple.com/uk.
Lol, no viewing again from the Leopard running iMac. Glad I have an iPhone running iOS 3.1. that can handle the stuff that a desktop mac cannot. :rolleyes:

ipodcolor

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2010
Apple has confirmed it will offer live streaming of its event today.

Media Alert
Apple to Provide Live Video Streaming of Today’s Event
What:*Live video stream of Apple’s October 20 event
When: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 10:00 a.m. PDT
Where: http://www.apple.com/uk

Live Video Streaming

Apple® will broadcast its October 20 event online using Apple’s industry-leading HTTP Live Streaming, which is based on open standards. Viewing requires either a Mac® running Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10.6 Snow Leopard®, an iPhone® or iPod touch® running iOS 3.0 or higher, or an iPad™. The live broadcast will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT on October 20, 2010 at*http://www.apple.com/uk. From 9to5mac.com

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
So it looks like a forum admin has "fixed" the categories to be less revealing now. :)

They were really lucky to have used a "Reserved 10 20" name for the unannounced product even when they didn't realize others could discover it! This could have resulted in a pretty embarrasing leak otherwise. ;) (after all, the MBA thing was pretty well-known, but not the unannounced iLife 11 product)

Thanks for the heads-up on live streaming from Apple, guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.