iLife bug or something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xstriker, May 30, 2005.

1. xstriker macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi all,

I am having a problem with music files (specifically MP3 format). My example here is a song by Weezer - Island in the Sun. For those who don't know the song, the intro (and most of the song) is recorded on DIFFERENT channels. Guitar on left channel/speaker, Bass on right channel/speaker.

Here is the timeline of events:

2 weeks ago: Played around with iMovie HD - making a simple movie to learn its features. Imported an MP3 as music (Island in the Sun - Weezer) and everything was fine.

yesterday: Decided to start a new iMovie project to do it properly, imported the same song and low and behold - only ONE channel is playing. It's coming out of both of the speakers on the powerbook G4 but only one CHANNEL (the bass). You don't hear the guitar part. I then load up my first ever iMovie project and the exact same thing happened - so it's not project dependent. Then I decide to load up iPhoto and run a slideshow with music with that song loaded and it doesn't play both channels as well. I also loaded up OTHER MP3's that I know had parts on different channels, and the same thing happened. Playing the MP3 in iTunes was perfectly fine, so that wouldn't be hardware problems.

I am running Tiger 10.4.1 and Rev D PB 12".

Thanks in advance.
  2. xstriker thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2005
    for those who are reading this:

sometimes computers make me scratch my head. i shut down, took out the battery, waited a bit, put it back in and it worked.

Mods: you can delete this thread.
  3. sjpetry macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2004
    Tamarindo, Costa Rica