iLife is great but where is.........

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by win_convert, Dec 9, 2004.

1. win_convert macrumors member

I recently switched to a very nice 12" PowerBook. And it is great. But where are all the simple little things that just make doing things easy. Like simple graphics editing. Such as Microsoft Paint. Not fancy, but enough for what I needed. I load up OS X and where is the equivilent? "Oh, Macs are the best computers in the world for graphics and video editing, but you have to spend $1200 on a program you will use 3% of the features of just to change the colours of some pictures"

Does anyone know of where I can get a (free downloadable) program very similar to MS Paint. And I mean the same similar. Not just about or nearly. The same or better.
    And don't even talk to me about tux paint.

And what the hell is with "Safari has unexpectantly quit" five times a day? Specs in sig. I thought they would be sufficient.

Thank You.

2. snowdog macrumors member

3. win_convert thread starter macrumors member

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Strange. Do you get it after trying to visit any particular site or just after a random amount of time? For a while sportsline.com had a pop-up that, while it didn't pop up, was enough to kill Safari - I had to read that in Firefox. Nothing else recently has seemed to cause any problems.

5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

If you're looking for something a little more than Graphics Converter, you can do no worse than Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's a cheap version of Photoshop but with most of the features and I think is around $50-100. They've just released a new version (v. 3).

6. win_convert thread starter macrumors member

7. ollie macrumors member

get gimp, or "the gimp" i think that has amac port. its basicly free photoshop.

8. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Hell with script-fu you'll never have to draw anything ever again. :D

9. dabber macrumors newbie

I like Firefox

I really didn't have many or even any problems with safari, I just didn't like the feel of it. I switched to Firefox and haven't looked back since. Good luck.