iLife

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agtr36, Feb 22, 2007.

1. agtr36 macrumors newbie

hey quick question. my macbook recently recieved a new hard drive because the old one wasn't registering with the computer for some reason. with the new hard drive i've lost iLife. I was wondering how i can get it back, i have the mac os x install discs but ilife doesnt seem to be on there. my question is, do i have to purchase it all over again? or is there a way to get it without paying since i technically already bought it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You certainly won't have to pay for it again, as it was included when you purchased your macbook. I thought that iLife disks were included in the box with new Macs.

3. agtr36 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah thats what i was thinking but i don't seem to have any iLife discs, I simply have the two Mac OS X install discs

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd try using Pacifist to see if you can pull the iLife files off of your system install disks.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Whilst those are labelled as OS X install discs they are system restore discs. They will install OSX and ALL bundled software including iLife.

If you need to restore a single app, or selection of apps and don't want to do a whole reinstall Pacifist will enable this...

6. agtr36 thread starter macrumors newbie