iLife'05 location on CD\DVDs

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by iPlm, Jan 19, 2006.

1. iPlm macrumors regular

Hello,

In a 17" Powerbook's box there were two install disks. I want to ask does iLife'05 come on its own DVD or is it somewhere in these two DVDs. And also does iLife'05 come preinstalled on the Powerbook, or you have to install it later from the disk. Thanks.

2. lopresmb macrumors 6502

the easiest way to tell is to put in the DVD, and search for the install file apps using spotlight.

3. iPlm thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I guess so, but I don't have the Powerbook anywhere near (unfortunately). The install disks are here but they can't be opened using windows, so I can't check them.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It should come pre-installed on your PB. If you're looking for an actual app called iLife, you won't find it as the programs are all separate - iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, Garageband. In fact, now that I think of it, when I got my PB, they were all in the dock. If for some reason they are not on yours, you can install them from the Tiger OSX disk (the other disk will be OS 9, which you install if you want to run old apps). Open the Tiger disk, and there should be an iLife pkg. Just double click on it and an installer should run - you can then select to install the whole suite or just selected apps.

Hope that helps! ;)

5. lopresmb macrumors 6502

ilife should be preinstalled, (if you just got it it should have 06 installed or included). Then there is usually a single disc that has the image for the powerbook and and included software. It may be possible that the other disc has ilife on it but I'd have to know what the discs have written on them.

6. iPlm thread starter macrumors regular

That was exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks a lot guys!:D I looked for the apps on the Powerbook's hard drive but they were not installed, dunno why, and I was wondering where would they be... On the install disks, on the first one it says Mac OS Install Disk 1, and underneath it it's written 'Mac OS version 10.4.2, AHT version 2.5.2 and Disk version 1.0', there isn't written anywhere that it includes the iLife suite or other apps. Anyway that's all I wanted to know, I'll install it when I see the Powerbook again! Unfortunately it's not mine, it belongs to a friend of my father, who doesn't understand much of it and I am explaining him the functions. It's a fascinating machine, It's dispay is awesome (1680x1050)! When I turned off the lights in the room last night I saw the illuminated keyboard and was stunned! Amazing... However, even though it's not mine, I had lots of fun when it was with me!