iLife2?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Edot, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Edot macrumors 6502

I found this description on Apple's webpage.

M-Audio Keystation 49e - USB Midi Keyboard
    The perfect keyboard complement to iLife2 and GarageBand. The M-Audio Keystation 49e is a 49-note, full size, velocity sensitive USB MIDI keyboard.
    $99.00

They must have made a change in the name for iLife at the last minute. Steve must have liked the MS Office 2004 tie in. It is strange that they went with '04 because it doesn't coincide with there current version numbering system of all of their other products.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had a look around and can only find a reference to iLife '04. Of course, they could have changed it, or we could simply be looking in different places.

3. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

iLife 2 iLife O4 hmm i think i like iLife 2 more than 04 but thats just me weird. dose steve get to name the products or is this a group thing :)

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

By sticking the "'04" badge on it, Apple is cornering itself into a regular once-a-year update scheme. Expect iLife '05 to come out this time next year for $49 and no major updates of anything inbetween.

5. Edot thread starter macrumors 6502

If you click on the top sellers link it is in the description on that page.

6. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Why? iLife is the packaging of all the iApps. It doesn't mean that Apple has to release a new package of apps every year, even though they should. They could just as easily release x.x.Y updates once every 6 months or something and stick with calling the entire package iLife [insert year here]

7. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

True, they could release iMovie 5 in late summer but then they would have to release it as a free upgrade to current iMovie 4 owners. What's more tempting for Apple is keep that under wraps until next January when iPhoto 5 is ready and release them together as iLife '05.

On the other hand, if they released iLife '04 "second edition" this summer, people would be annoyed at having to pay again so soon, even though more updates would be welcome.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I did that and can't see iLife2 anywhere :confused:

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The only difference is that Apple products with dates on them are released at the beginning of the year, where Microsoft has at times missed the whole target year!