Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
I found this description on Apple's webpage.

M-Audio Keystation 49e - USB Midi Keyboard
The perfect keyboard complement to iLife2 and GarageBand. The M-Audio Keystation 49e is a 49-note, full size, velocity sensitive USB MIDI keyboard.
$99.00

They must have made a change in the name for iLife at the last minute. Steve must have liked the MS Office 2004 tie in. It is strange that they went with '04 because it doesn't coincide with there current version numbering system of all of their other products.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've had a look around and can only find a reference to iLife '04. Of course, they could have changed it, or we could simply be looking in different places.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
iLife 2 iLife O4 hmm i think i like iLife 2 more than 04 but thats just me weird. dose steve get to name the products or is this a group thing :)

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
By sticking the "'04" badge on it, Apple is cornering itself into a regular once-a-year update scheme. Expect iLife '05 to come out this time next year for $49 and no major updates of anything inbetween.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
Originally posted by Nermal
I've had a look around and can only find a reference to iLife '04. Of course, they could have changed it, or we could simply be looking in different places.

If you click on the top sellers link it is in the description on that page.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs
By sticking the "'04" badge on it, Apple is cornering itself into a regular once-a-year update scheme. Expect iLife '05 to come out this time next year for $49 and no major updates of anything inbetween.

Why? iLife is the packaging of all the iApps. It doesn't mean that Apple has to release a new package of apps every year, even though they should. They could just as easily release x.x.Y updates once every 6 months or something and stick with calling the entire package iLife [insert year here]

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
True, they could release iMovie 5 in late summer but then they would have to release it as a free upgrade to current iMovie 4 owners. What's more tempting for Apple is keep that under wraps until next January when iPhoto 5 is ready and release them together as iLife '05.

On the other hand, if they released iLife '04 "second edition" this summer, people would be annoyed at having to pay again so soon, even though more updates would be welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.