Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Appleton, WI
I did an erase and install on my new PowerBook with Tiger. I have only had the PB for 3 weeks and did not have anything of value that needed to be saved. The install went smoothly. When it was completed it dawned on me that I didn't recall getting an iLife disk for reinstallation purposes. It's late and I am tired. Did I lose the disk? Was one even in the PB box? Maybe all will become clear in the AM!!

Drum

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2005
Southampton, UK
Where's iLife?

I don't think iLife is on the Tiger DVD, where it was on the restore disk that came with my Powerbook.

You would lose iLife with an "erase and install".

aria505

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
iLife isn't part of Tiger so you would have lost it with an "erase and install", but you should have got an iLife disk or a set of restore disks with your powerbook.

I actaully got a real iLife disk with my mac-mini but that was when iLife 5 just came out.

Starfury

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
South-East UK
I have the same problem. My system originally came installed with Jaguar, which I subsequently upgraded to Panther. Looking at my previous system discs (which, rather short-sightedly I did after an 'erase and install' of Tiger), I found I have have the original system restore DVD and the Panther upgrade CDs. The DVD allows you to restore the system or the applications, however the iLife apps were then classified as part of the system, and seemingly can't be installed separately...

My best idea at the moment is to restore Jaguar from the DVD then upgrade to Tiger, however this is probably hastle I could live without!

Any thoughts?

mwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Appleton, WI
As everything does after a good nights sleep and hot cup of morning tea, I decided to stop thinking like I owned another Dell. I ASSUMED that there had to be another disc that said APPLICATIONS on it. Thinking like an Apple owner I popped in the original PBook Mac OS X Install Disc and voila' there it was - the Icon for bundled software only. I've learned to stop thinking like have a another Dell. :cool:

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
I thought there was a program called Pacifier that could grab the iLife and other restore software from the restore discs..

Starfury

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
South-East UK
DXoverDY said:
I thought there was a program called Pacifier that could grab the iLife and other restore software from the restore discs..

Wonderful - thanks for this. I now have the iLife software from my install DVD reinstalled!

On a related problem, the install DVD comes with two options: install OS X and install other applications. The other applications option just won't work - the installer asks for the disc to be inserted (it's already there) and Pacifier won't work... Ho hum, never mind!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.