iLikeMyiMac #7

Discussion in '1,000,000 Post Contest' started by iLikeMyiMac, Aug 14, 2004.

1. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

A cropped pic of the St. Louis Science Center Planetarium in its patriotic display of red, white, and blue (I only took a shot of the blue). I see this many times when I drive down hwy 40/64 next to Forest Park. I know there are a couple St. Louis forum members who know what I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

2. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Ah yes... I remember watching "Plan 9 from Outer Space" on that curvy "screen". They projected it against the side of that building one night. By the time I moved away from Saint Louis, they ripped all the interesting stuff out of there, I heard. Got rid of the star projector and everything.

Free museums rock, and for some reason I feel much better about dropping a $10 in the donation box than paying the mandatory $4 that other museums charge.

3. katanna macrumors 6502

katanna

Amen, brudda.

Matthew

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

That reminds me, I need to head over and check out the new Space exhibit and IMAX film. It's still going on, isn't it?

5. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I think its still going on because they have a giant inflatable astronaut on the roof. :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But you know, living in DC for 12 years, I didn't go to the Smithsonian half as much as I'd have liked. Great museums, totally free and I'd drive by them regularly....

And now that I'm not living there anymore, I'm looking forward to visiting and going to them :D

Figures,

D

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Mr. A that was strange for a second, I could have sworn ARN posted that ....

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, well, plan on fixing that, sorry for the confusion. :D

D