illegal alien statistics

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by chibianh, May 10, 2006.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I say we should adopt the following immigration laws... ;)

1. If you legally migrate to this country, you must speak the native language.

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

5. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Before you get all wound up, the above are currently laws of Mexico.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This can't possibly be true.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I don't have a concrete stance on this issue, but I feel that I should say that all statistics should be taken with a couple pounds of salt.

e

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If you dont close our border we will vote you out. This is what we should be telling all govt officials.

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Well, if the original poster won't provide a link, I can understand his reasons. The post is crap. It qualifies as an "urban legend" - and unfortunately, a bogus reference that just won't die. Here is the link

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Thanks, Sayhey. Still hitting them out of the park. ;)

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, I wonder why the OP won't come defend their position? They sure came in talking all big and tough, but blast 'em with a little truth and watch 'em flee...

10. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

"95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles County are for illegal aliens"..hmm.. thats sounds just a TAD bit high. :rolleyes:

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I've heard about the large percentage on welfare in other e-mails forwarded to me. Pretty funny since illegal aliens can't get welfare. I know some get food stamps and such when they have kids in the US and/or become legal, but most of them are working (my friend in the military was eligible for food stamps if that tells you something), and a lot of those who are illegal are not going to register with a government agency just to get caught and deported. My Mom used to work with social workers before becoming a teacher. She's got stories, I can tell you. Odd that she's still in support of immigration. The rest of that e-mail is also easily disputed.

This is almost as bad as that one where gays can collect money outside of (apparently the French owned) Target, but scouts and the military can't. Thank you Snopes.com. This is why I don't forward crap like this. Epecially without making sure it's actually true first. ;)

12. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe