Illinois finally joins the rest of the country.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by EvilQueen, Jan 8, 2014.

1. macrumors 6502

Illinois allows concealed firearms to be carried.

Illinois is now the last state in the U.S. to allow average citizens to carry around concealed firearms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/08/illinois-concealed-guns-carry-chicago/4379409/

We'll see how that handle reciprocity. I would bet they will stay in the stone age and won't for a few years.

2. macrumors regular

jkcerda

Cool. It's about time

3. macrumors 68020

Is it possible to get these posts into a single, non-sticky, gun nut thread?

4. macrumors regular

jkcerda

biased much?

5. macrumors 68020

Could say the same about you. Your point?

6. macrumors regular

jkcerda

you "could" I guess. its a bit funny how some people react to something they don't have to buy :D

7. macrumors 65816

aerok

I rather not be surrounded by idiots carrying a gun

8. macrumors regular

jkcerda

tthere is not much you can do about the cops :D

9. macrumors 603

mrkramer

While we don't have to buy guns we still have to have a bunch of nuts around with guns, and be worried about getting caught in the crossfire if one of those nuts decides to try to be a hero and go after someone else with a gun.

10. macrumors 65816

aerok

Although I had some bad experience with cops, I still respect them and rely on them for my safety.

You obviously know I'm talking about regular folks with a ccw. Cops don't need one.

11. macrumors 68020

And I can almost hear Lame Loppy-Hair at the NRA same something along the lines of "the only way to fight a bad idiot with a gun is with a good idiot with a gun".

12. macrumors regular

jkcerda

already said we can't disarm the cops :D

how many folks with a CCW do you see trying to be heros & shooting others?

----------

the NRA sucks big time. spamming worthless punks.

13. macrumors 603

mrkramer

There's plenty of nuts with guns that aren't cops, but may think they are.

14. macrumors regular

jkcerda

gazillion cops who should not be armed as well :D
    how many of those "nuts" who think that are cops have YOU encountered?

15. macrumors 68020

And this guy is one of them....

[​IMG]

16. macrumors regular

jkcerda

found not guilty by a jury of his peers.

17. macrumors 68020

Too simplistic of an answer.

What about his crazy behavior after the trial, got any simple explanations for that?

18. macrumors regular

Of what specifically has he been convicted?

19. macrumors regular

jkcerda

yes, the guy is off his rocker. he should have NEVER been given a CCW. not sure how he managed to get one in the first place.
    anyways, his estranged wife and his GF both dropped charges against him IIRC. dude is a paranoid basket case, must suck living with a target on your back, IIRC the Black Panthers still have a bounty on his head.

20. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

A jury of peers who were denied critical evidence. (but then what does one expect when it comes to Florida?)

21. macrumors regular

jkcerda

Did YOU have evidence? Link?

22. macrumors 601

Technarchy

Good. Though I expect the process for obtaining will be long and drawn out and expensive for the sake of liberal revenge tactics.

23. macrumors 6502

Maybe you should learn what is required of someone who wants to have a CCW permit.

No felony convictions
    No back taxes
    No back child support
    Fingerprinted
    Background check

Then a course of instruction on the laws regarding the use of deadly force and one must qualify at the shooting range.

I'd say most permit holders are more level headed than many of the posters I see on this forum.

24. macrumors 68030

stubeeef

The NRA has been for background checks in the past, they changed their position because they said the system hasn't worked.
    I'm a member of a large gun club, I shoot skeet in competitions (I'm not that good but have fun) and I own numerous guns. I've been fingerprinted and my DNA collected as a prior Naval Aviator and the gubermint knows how to find me.
    The facts are what they are, because some can't comprehend them and want to change them, we constantly rehash the same ground.
    For my 2 cents, I don't want a national registry, I do want mentally ill folks to be screened out, I am for state laws that mandate basic training for owning them -but not a national list of anyone that owns them or has had the training.
    I share this ladies opinion.

youtube video

25. macrumors 6502

Just to be clear, that was not a suggestion on my part. That's the actual requirements here in Texas.

Also, during training, it is emphasized that if you ever have to resort to using lethal force, be prepared for the legal expenses of defending yourself. Because, even though a grand jury may clear you of criminal charges, you can still be sued in civil court for damages by the victim's family.

I would like to see this country address the declining mental stability that has created these horrific acts. This is the real root of the problem. I'm old enough to remember when schools didn't need all this protection from bad actors.

I oppose gun control at the national level because it imposes a one size fits all approach. Those who want to ban high capacity mags and clips have never been face to face with one of the increasingly large and aggressive feral hogs. I know of one incident where it required 13 rounds to get the hog to drop in its tracks while charging at the shooter. In a self defense situation, nobody I know of has ever wished they had fewer rounds at their disposal.

Food for thought to those of you who oppose guns. Remember, 9-11 took place without a single shot being fired by those responsible. In other words, those who are bent on killing a large number of people can always find a way.

And finally, here's a news headline you won't ever see...

"Millions of law abiding gun owners in the US killed no one today."