Illinois governor takes "Daily Show" interview seriously

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh my gosh, you would think by now that everybody knows that if they're going to be interviewed by The Daily Show, they're going to be asked some really wacked-out questions, right?

Wrong.

"Is he teasing me or is that legit?" :p :p :p

Oh, man. I missed that show. I hope I catch it in reruns, because it sounds great.

At least he's handling it the right way...laughing at himself. Not to be chauvinistic, but I can hardly imagine a Republican governor, particularly a neocon, handling it in the same way. More likely he'd be trying to spin it to make it sound like Jason Jones is some kind of pervert. :D

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This one sounds like a classic - and I see so few of them as it is - I hope the re air it. If anyone knows if its going to be on again, post it :D

D

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Blagojevich is a good guy, from what i can tell, though he's let me down a few times. this would be an example of that.

i fear he may be a one-term governor, though. we'll see.

when he was in congress, his chicago office was just around the corner from me. i'd stop in occasionally and let his secretary know my opinion on an issue or two. now it's a UPS store.

4. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

This one would be worth watching. If they do air it again, someone should record it and put online, since I don't have cable anymore. I would love to see this.

..and on the issue of birthday control. Call me prude, and no I am not against birth control,but the best birth control is for everyone to just keep their pants on if they don't want kids.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm not in favor of birthday control. On several of my birthdays, one of my favorite things was losing control.

6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I think I saw this one. At one point the intervewer was talking to the pharmacist and said "How dare the governor make a moral judgement that doesn't abide by your decision! That's your job to do with women!"

I laughed my ass off.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ahhhhh, sweet, sweet irony.

8. katchow macrumors 6502

he also goes on to interview a woman, and opens w/ (paraphrahing) "i'm not sure what relevance you have to this issue, but lets hear your opinion".

9. Sogo macrumors 6502

I love how some of the people they interview are oblivious to what is being done to them. I do kinda feel bad since not everyone knows about the show, so what they do is kinda mean.

Question: Don't goveners have some publicists or someone who scheduals interviews and such? Im sure they get requests all the time, and someone has to be able to clear different stations or something...right???

I did see that episode! Some of the stuff on that was just GOLD!

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, that's one of the things that's so funny about this. I'm sure someone on his staff knew about The Daily Show, knew about what kind of interviews they do, and probably figured, "I'm sure the governor knows what to expect." Then, when the interview is in progress, and the governor turns to his aide and says, "Is this guy (Jason Jones) yanking me or what?", it suddenly dawns on the aide, "Omigod, he doesn't know!!!" :D

11. Sogo macrumors 6502

Oh yes, it was very funny! But at the same time I also felt bad for him. Kinda like when cheny shot the lawyer. Very very funny, but at the same time a part of me feld kinda bad.