Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
When i try to open a file in illu cs6 and use the open command, in the finder look alike window that pops up i cannot get a correct preview of the selected file. Its cropped because it will not fit in the are that its usually previewed and also there are no scoll bars to scroll and se it! Isnt that a bug or what? Illu cs6 is fully updated!

Attachments

• scroll-bar-problem.jpg
    scroll-bar-problem.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 386

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
When i try to open a file in illu cs6 and use the open command, in the finder look alike window that pops up i cannot get a correct preview of the selected file. Its cropped because it will not fit in the are that its usually previewed and also there are no scoll bars to scroll and se it! Isnt that a bug or what? Illu cs6 is fully updated!

Just created the same thing. All I had to do was grab the corner of the window and stretch it out. It then gave me the full view.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Suppose one doesn't wants to stretch the window, or has a small screen, shouldn't scroll bars appear instead of stretching?
If i remember correctly in Yosemite earlier versions i hadn't noticed such an issue. (btw Yosemite is also fully updated!)

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Suppose one doesn't wants to stretch the window, or has a small screen, shouldn't scroll bars appear instead of stretching?
If i remember correctly in Yosemite earlier versions i hadn't noticed such an issue. (btw Yosemite is also fully updated!)

Scroll bars being seen is dependent on a setting in your System Preferences. Look at the screenshot I have provided. Make sure you have Show scroll bars> Always checked off. This will allow the scroll bars to be showing at all times. But this will also make scroll bars appear on all other apps and browser as well.

I leave mine at Automatically based on mouse or trackpad. This will hide the scroll bars until you try to scroll with your mouse, at which time the scroll bars will appear. They will then disappear again once you quit scrolling.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 2.07.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 2.07.20 PM.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 282

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This issue only occurs in Illu cs6 and not any other apps! If this issue was as you suggest -a matter of settings- then shouldn't this be an issue for all apps and not only Illu cs6?

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have to agree that it should show in all apps, but that is not always the case. I thought one or the other suggestion that I offered would have helped with the issue you are having. Unfortunately I have no other suggestions. Hopefully someone else will have more suggestions to offer you.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Still even by stretching the window things aren't right! Im almost certain that this is a bug!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Was waiting all this time for Apple to resolve this issue with the new Yose 10.10.4 update. Instaled it today but NO, the issue is still here!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
New OSX update 10.10.5, but is the issue fixed? Has anyone tried it? Iam afraid to update!

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
Still even by stretching the window things aren't right! Im almost certain that this is a bug!

Yes, but it is not Adobe's.

It is a bug in MacOSX Finder. The dialog is a system provided dialog that AI calls, passing certain parameters (location, ...). I've seen many, many similar issues with Finder itself and a variety of apps' various calls to system dialogs since upgrading my main system from 10.6.8 to 10.9.x. File dialogs were solid and reliable in 10.6.8, but have acquired a range of annoying quirks, particularly with column widths and horizontal scrolling, in 10.9.x. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the quirks persist in 10.10.x.

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
New OSX update 10.10.5, but is the issue fixed? Has anyone tried it? Iam afraid to update!

Still there. And worse now. It has now started to resize my save dialogue menu box when in Photoshop. Every time my save menu opens, it increases the size of the menu when it opens. Annoying, but ignoring it. I am currently on 10.10.5. My CS6 is as current as possible as well.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ummmmm, damn, i don't understand why Apple don't take care of this! Its a very annoying issue!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I only have this issue with Illustrator so I would call that an Adobe problem.
I would have to agree with you on this. And the further away they get from the CS series, I think the less Adobe will care. They want that subscription if my thinking is correct.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Still nothing on the issue right? Has anyone tried to see if its been resolved on OSX latest version... elCapitan?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm i just checked it myself, using Pshop CS6 on El Capitan all is fine, the issue is NOT there! So i guess this was not an Adobe issue but one of Apple's issues!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hmm i just checked it myself, using Pshop CS6 on El Capitan all is fine, the issue is NOT there! So i guess this was not an Adobe issue but one of Apple's issues!
You'd originally asked about Illustrator CS6, not Photoshop. Does Illustrator work?

Reactions: zoran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.