Illustrator 10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lisa Moskaluk, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Lisa Moskaluk macrumors newbie

This is probably not the question to ask here, but someone may be able to help... I have tried to install Adobe Illustrator 10 three times and each time as it approaches the end of installing (at ARMLib carb) the following message comes up: The installation requires a System Folder on the destination drive. The installation has been cancelled. 1008:1, -43 File not found.

I am installing it on the harddrive, where the system folder is.

Any ideas???

2. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

3. Lisa Moskaluk thread starter macrumors newbie

4. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

System Prefs, under the security tab. Are you upgrading from 9 or a full install of 10?

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

6. Lisa Moskaluk thread starter macrumors newbie

OS 10.3.1 on Powerbook G4
    full install of 10 and file vault is off. should it be on?

cheers.

7. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

File Vault shouldn't be on, unless you're extremely paranoid or have blueprints to a spaceship on your laptop.

From the sounds of it, Illustrator is trying to install some kind of OS 9 support. "System Folder" is refering to OS 9. Are there any "Customize" options in the istaller. If so, deselect OS 9 support. Illustrator will run in either OS 9 or OS X, and I assume installs by default for both. When it says no System Folder found, I assume you don't have classic support installed on your system. You could install classic, which would give you a system folder, and also remedy the problem.

8. Lisa Moskaluk thread starter macrumors newbie

there is nothing (that i can find) in custom install that will ignore classic. i understand what you're on to but i'm still lost as to what i can do.

does anyone have illustrator on 10.3.1 without classic installed?

9. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I've had similar instalation problems with Adobe products. Sometimes, fixing file permissions by Disk Utility had fixed the issue. You might want to give it a try.