Illustrator CS question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robotrenegade, Oct 8, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

Well, you know you can copy and paste in alomst anything. I was wondering if you can copy then plaste but have the paste right over the coped image?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I do this by using smartguides and copying via the option key (with the move tool). I select the move tool, hold down option, and select the center (with smart guide) then I move a way a little and come back and place it back on the center point (again with smart guide). That works for me at least.

3. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know better ways then that, I just had a bet with someone that adobe products don't have paste in place tool like macromedia. (Use the transform window.)

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Let me see if I understand correctly. You want to copy an image (picture, vector shape, etc) in Illustrator, then paste the same object exactly over it the original? If so do this:

Copy the object > Then Command + F or EDIT > Paste in front.

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I am sure there are better ways. I am just starting to learn Illustrator and that's how I have figured out how to do it with my extremely limited knowledge.

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Illustrator can paste in place (paste in front) but my biggest complaint is why these companies can't agree on some common key commands. A lot of them are the same, but a lot of them are different. Macromedia seems to be the biggest offender- they even change key commands between versions of their own products, and between products in the same rev of the same suite..