Illustrator CS2 crashes like mad in Rosetta?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apfhex, Oct 18, 2006.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    I'm satisfied with the overall speed of the Creative Suit 2 in Rosetta on my mac pro, but it turns out that Illustrator is incredibly unstable. Every time I either use a raster effect (drop shadow, etc.) or click any button at all on the Pathfinder pallet, it Unexpectedly Quits. Not actually 100% of the time, but probably 90% of the time. That's what I've found so far, I'm sure there are more things that can crash it though. This is obviously a bit of a problem. I'd rather have it run slow that crashing every 5 minutes. :mad:

Yeah, all latest updates are installed, etc etc etc. No problems with the other apps (mostly Photoshop) so far.
  2. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    I don't have any issues on my macbook pro or mac pro at work running AI CS2. Maybe try reinstalling that app? Repair Permissions?
  3. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2005
    Pasadena, Ca
    Same issues here, Photoshop runs slow, Acrobat needs to be started twice because first time after restart, it crashes almost immediatel, it doesnt even give it self a chance to start up properly. Indesign cs 2 has similar issues including crashes. What is weird is how illustrator cs 1 wont open certain pdf's yet cs2 will.