ilovebees.com gone live

Discussion in 'Community' started by vraxtus, Aug 24, 2004.

1. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

For any Halo 2 fans out there, ilovebees.com went "live" today and it's confusing the hell out of people. I'm not sure how people are answering the public phones necessary to activate an axon, but the .wav files that are coming up from it are pretty interesting, nonetheless.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

live today? is something different about it now cause someone posted this like a month ago and i checked it out.

iJon

3. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

the countdown ended so that means it is wide awake and physical or whatever the **** that means

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

LOL. :D i remember first seeing this a while back, funny stuff. :D

they'd probably have done a bit of work to get that site stuffed up exactly how they wanted it. if you look at the images on that site, most of them seen to be normal pics, not distorted at all. i wonder how they did that...

so what's different about it now? and does anyone know if this actually has anything to do with Halo2? or is it just some crazy thing to get people talking?

5. vraxtus thread starter macrumors 65816

vraxtus

There are random phone calls being made to public phones all across the nation. If the calls are answered, axons are labelled as "hot" and .wav files describing some sort of futuristic story are enabled on the links page.

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

oh cool!! :D

i understand now... that is some cool stuff coming up on the links page.

so when you answer a phone, do your hear that .wav file, or is it just blank?

this would have to be one of the greatest marketing campaigns in all history... :D

edit>> i'm just looking at all this info on the 'links' page:
    is this anything to do with the time and locaton that a phone will be called? if i lived in the U.S. i'd be out there running all over the place! :D

7. vraxtus thread starter macrumors 65816

vraxtus

No idea, I don't know anyone that's answered the phones.

8. vraxtus thread starter macrumors 65816

vraxtus

For any of those interested, I've pieced together a few of the soundbites. Listen to them in the following order:

Dizzy
    Escape
    Jersey
    Reflected
    Durga

9. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

so dumb

so this is microsoft trying to market halo 2.. wow how FREAKING IRONIC........ here they are complaining about bugs and holes in there freaking win xp and patching it every freaking day...... and then they go around and make a very hacking looking site that promotes tinkering and shizzzzzzz..... w0w what a obvious IRONY of it allll :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

so very cool & mega-awesome!

wow, so they actually go together to make up a whole clip? :eek: i must be really slow... i didn't even think of that. :p

well, they're all available now, and i've got all the clips, so i'm going to start putting them togther... and thanks for the tip vraxtus. :D

i'm not surprised that they're marketing a game like this, actually this is quite a novel idea. the really funny thing would be if they somehow got something messed up and the main Microsoft or Windows page ended up looking like this. LOL. :D

even more interesting stuff... there is actually a blog of Dana. isn't that the person who supposedly created the site, ilovebees?

intersting stuff...

11. vraxtus thread starter macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Dana is the ilovebees.com webmaster... the original site is supposed to have been created by "Melissa." There's also another order of clips, but I can't remember it exactly offhand. I think it goes:

Blip
    Pillow
    Walkaway Girl
    Hey Soldier