iLyric?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snowy_River, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for iLyric. It sounds like a great little app, but it doesn't appear to be available anywhere. When I click on the 'Download' link from VersionTracker or MacUpdate, it goes to the End Productions website, and promptly tells me that I don't have permission to access the file that the link points to. I've looked on the main page for End Productions for an email link to tell them that the iLyric link is down, but I couldn't find one.

Can anyone offer any help?

2. ndmccormack macrumors member

3. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Thanks for the suggestion. However, it appears that this app needs to be connected to the internet to get the lyrics to a song (at least the first time), and only gets them when the song is actually playing. By contrast, iLyric, as I understand it, scans your music library and gets all of the lyrics at once, so they are viewable off line. I don't want to be limited to seeing a song's lyrics only when it's playing, and limiting me to needing to be connected is also not so good.

So, anyone know anything about iLyric?

4. msnaramore64 macrumors newbie

iLyric

I had iLyric at one point in time, but I bought a new hard drive, so I lost it. Now I am regretting it because of the same reason; I cannot download it either LOL. It may be slow though if you have a computer like mine...I have a 366mhz G3 Processor with 18 GB Hard-drive, since I upgraded it! :eek:

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I had it too, and I think it might be on my Beige G3 or my Yoda (parents' iMac). I'll check.

Nothing yet. :( I'll do a more thorough search tomorrow. :)

6. CaptainSKA macrumors newbie

Sorry to resurrect an old and dead thread, but is there anything that does what iLyric used to do? Or anywhere to find iLyric now??

7. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Oh, don't apologize. I'd still love to find iLyric, or an equivalent. I wouldn't be too surprised if Apple included it in an upgrade of iTunes at some point. But, for now, I haven't seen anything...

Check back if you do find something, though. Spread the wealth! ;)

8. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

9. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Well, thanks for the link.

Alas, this doesn't do what I really hoped it would. It doesn't copy the lyrics into the Lyrics meta tag for iTunes. You have to actually open iLyric any time you want to look at the lyrics for a song.

Sure, I could manually copy the lyrics from iLyric over to iTunes, but for a couple thousand songs, that's quite a pain...

10. CaptainSKA macrumors newbie

Yeah, same problem here... It's a shame iLyric got shut down, I'm sure it would be doing that by now...

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

You guys might want to try PearlLyrics. It's the same sort of thing, only you can only get lyrics from one song at a time. The RIAA shut down the site, but there are copies floating around.. I'd offer mine, but it's on my mac, which is a few hours away.

12. CaptainSKA macrumors newbie