I'm 10 for 10 on iTunes caps!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rfenik, Feb 11, 2004.

1. rfenik macrumors regular

rfenik

Finally dairy mart has the iTunes caps!

So i went in, unscrewed the caps one by one to see which ones were winners, grabbed 10 bottles that won, put the losers back on the shelf, and bought $10 worth of pepsi 20 ounces.

Only a small portion of the people actually end up using them to download music. Most of the winners will end up getting thrown out - so i don't really feel bad about it. Plus, i had to wait halfway through the month to get them so pepsi sort of owes me.

So I downloaded the steve poltz remix of 'everything about you' ... that smile empty soul song, an adema version of nutshell... and still have 7 songs left to download. I'm a bit disappointed by the selection ... only the really popular bands seem to be on there. I wish it had more independent record labels and more hard to find music, like live tracks or something.

Getting free music rocks! I'm glad that this promotion is finally getting on it's way.

-ko

2. machan macrumors regular

hahaha!!!! you put the losers BACK!?!?!?! hahahahahaha, congrats thief!!!! hahahahaha!!!!!

3. beefcake macrumors 6502

If you broke the seal on the cap, you ruined the product, it'll go flat in two days.

4. laserbeahm macrumors member

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hahaha i cant believe you opened them and returned teh losers

6. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

How did you manage to unscrew all the caps without being spotted?

The ones you put back will have to be wasted (tipped down the drain) by the shop. Can't sell them due to possible contamination.

So I would be careful not to do it again there, they'll have noticed what's happening.

7. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Re: I'm 10 for 10 on iTunes caps!

Dude, I have a hard time seeing how you justify this as being any different than downloading the music from Kazaa or the like. You're stealing - not just the music, but you're also stealing money from the store cuz you're ruining their products. Are you really so self-absorbed that you don't see anything wrong with this? I suppose if the cashier walks away from the till, you'd see nothing wrong with helping yourself to their money as well - it's basically the same thing.

I know there are 100s of "dairy marts" in the US alone, but one of them is less than two miles down the road from me. I'm calling them as soon as I post this, to let them know to watch out for "people" like you.

8. Engagebot macrumors regular

yeah. you're obviously a b*****d. You're ruining the merch in the store. and how do you figure that pepsi owes you anything?

People like you are the reason why drinks cost over a dollar in the store anyway...

9. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

10. choogheem macrumors newbie

First off I have to say, what a complete frickin' jerk. What happens to the poor bastard that walks into the store and buys an already opened pop? So stealing isn't in your vocabulary.

Me personally, after going 0 for 4, I am now 5 for 14. I'm waiting until I have enough winners for an entire album(s) (Queen's greatest hits 1 & 2 - only 27 more winners to go, if I remember correctly).

11. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

who wants to make the call

Well, what is his location, lets turn him into the police. he could be brought up on major charges for this. Anyone remember the time when someone opened a bunch of Aspirin bottles and put a killer drug in them. That is why we have sealed bottles and what not now. So for those people at macrumors that have admin status, and feel this is wrong, you, and only you know this guys personal information, such as email address, and can get him in trouble. Personally, I would. I have no problem ratting out some ******* like him.

12. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Whoa... relax.

Just make him purchase the whole lot of Pespi bottles he has opened, and could have opened....

13. jigglyjon macrumors member

instead of opening the bottle, why dont you just look under the cap through the bottle. They dont fill it all the way so just look under and see if you see the word "song" If so, you won. if you see, "again" it means TRY AGAIN. This way you dont mess up the perfectly good cola and you dont get in trouble by the store and all the mad people in this forum :)

14. Makosuke macrumors 603

Indeed. If you're going to be annoying and "cheat" (whether you rationalize it because Pepsi didn't plan their distribution well or nobody will use the bottles or whatever), the least you could do is just peek and grab the good ones.

Even if the people at the store don't notice (and it's not Pepsi's money if you ruin their merchandise, it's the store's), some poor fool is either going to buy a flat Pepsi (that's not even a winner), or going to notice that the seal is broken and dump it out in case there's something funky in there (I would).

Just mean, that is.

15. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Let's see, how do you know most of the winners will be thrown out? You have no definite proof of that.

And it's not Pepsi's fault that your Dairy Mart didn't put the newer bottles out.

The only thing Pepsi and Dairy Mart owe you is a swift kick in the butt and a questioning by the local police.

16. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Yeah, I agree with everbody else that you are a comlete idiot. I hope you reconsider what you are doing next time you walk into that dairy mart.

On a sidenote, I am very lucky because I am now 6 for 1. (and I didn't cheat by looking through the bottle)

17. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

People, do you think rfenik really did this? This is obviously a fake. No one could get away with that.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wonder how many of those 100,000,000 winning caps will actually get redeemed.... 50%? 20%? More? Less?

19. King Cobra macrumors 603

The false misguidance of "I got 100%, and, in the process, I did this too, yeah!!" in this particular case is seriously not cool.

It doesn't matter if the story is real, but showing-off that particular story is, in the word of MacAddict Mag, "double-plus uncool." (Or is it "double plus uncool"? S***, now I'm going to be sued for plagerism. :D)

As for the actual "returned" percentage of Pepsi/etc. caps during the promotion period, I'm guessing less than 5%, maybe even less than 1%. Look, that's around a few million entries at the iTunes store. I'm implying that not all the bottles will be purchased, and that there are a certain percentage of people that do buy the winners that know how to use the iTunes Music Store and are willing to go through iTunes (a downtuned web browser, as well) to download music.

Although I would like to say that there is a lesson to be learned by greed here: Drink to your hell. :eek: :eek: :D

20. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

Scum

You realize you're essentially scum, don't you? You ruined countless bottles... You freaking unsealed bottles, do you have any idea how unsanitary that is? You're a real son of a b****, coming here and trying to impress us... I hope you get caught and banned from this forum for being such a jerk.

And if you think I'm being harsh, you're still an a**hole for what you did, and you deserve it.

21. rfenik thread starter macrumors regular

rfenik

Should have just written the codes down instead of buying all those bottles. They are starting to get flat.

-ko

22. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

:D :D :D

23. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I felt bad using this method until this ******. Under the Ashcroft law i hope that he gets the max...

24. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

So I guess that you take money from your employers cash register then, Since they owe you. You really have some bad Karma coming to you.

Other than that i would love to send your picture and name to Home Land Security for tampering with food products.

25. ispeakmango macrumors member

Easy guys.

Like Pepsi or Dairy Mart hasn't screwed someone over a million times.

What goes around comes around.