I'm about to order my iMac RIGHT NOW, should I wait till next week?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by M. Malone, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

    M. Malone

    Mar 11, 2004
    Like the title says, I literally am about to order my Intel iMac this second, but I read that Apple invited journalists to check out some cool new products next week, will this have to do anything with the iMac? cause it would really suck if Apple upgrades somethings in the iMac while it's still en route to me, it would REALLLLLLLY SUCK! so what should I do?

    if your interested, I'll be getting a 20" iMac, 2 gigs ram, 500GB hard drive, and the 256 video card.

    On a side note, I have used mighty mouse in the apple store, really nice, but some people it sucks when you take it home after a while? should I just go for one button wireless?

    Much appreciated
  2. asencif macrumors 6502

    Dec 21, 2005

    The possiblities of any changes to the iMac line are very slim, but with Apple you never know. Not too many thought the iMac would be changed to Intel just 3 months after they were updated to iSight and PCI-E. I personally like the MM, but that's me.
  3. Hodapp macrumors 6502a


    Jul 10, 2003
    New York, NY
    I hope they announce Intel PowerMacs. My iMac seems to be just as fast as my Quad G5. Time to upgrade, lol. I mean I know they're coming eventually, I just hope they're released sooner than later. Maybe that will be Apple's kick in the ass to 3rd party developers to get pro-apps out?
  4. thedude110 macrumors 68020


    Jun 13, 2005
    Um ... it sounds like you're on the verge of a well thought out impulse buy.

    So, yeah. Wait. If you feel as strongly a week from today, then buy the iMac.

    I mean, we all get iMac lust once in a while ...
  5. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

    M. Malone

    Mar 11, 2004
    this is no impulse buy, I have been waiting and waiting, I actually put the money in a savings account for the imac

  6. Josh396 macrumors 65816


    Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I highly doubt we'll see updated iMacs next week but I'd wait just to be on the safe side. It may be some type of software or something else you may want to order with your iMac. You've already been waiting for some time, what's another week?
  7. macaddicted macrumors regular


    Jul 23, 2002
    Down on Copperline...

    Without opposition the motion is so carried.
  8. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030


    Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    There is no way Apple will update the iMacs so soon. It has been just over 1 month, and they haven't even been able to ship all the units to customers... If you have thought about it and are sure, buy now.
  9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040


    Mar 15, 2005
    If you have really thought about it, go ahead. You'll actually have the current version a week longer, than if you wait an extra week to order.
  10. Nutter macrumors 6502

    Mar 31, 2005
    London, England
    I agree, Apple won't upgrade the iMac next week.

    I'd also recommend the Mighty Mouse. I've been using it since its release and I'm very happy with it. Whenever I have to use one of Apple's older mice I find myself rubbing the top of it uselessly in an attempt to scroll!
  11. AJBMatrix macrumors 6502


    Feb 6, 2006
    Athens, Georgia
    Wait a week and then buy. If it updates then you are better off. If it does not then you are not out anything other than 1 week.

Share This Page