I'm actually playing PSP again...

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

After a good 4 months of not turning on my PSP and being ever so close to selling it...Suddenly it has become my most played system. wtf. My thumb joints are about to seize up from playing Lumines II so much (although it is annoying having Hoobastank on it :mad: ), and Sega Classics is out tomorrow (with Phantasy Star IV :D) And GTA got a decent review and so did Killzone, which after playing the demo disc is pretty good (save some control issues). Comes at a good time since in 29 1/2 days I get a long ass plane trip to drain the battery on.

I'm kinda happy about it. PSP is a good system, it just lacks decent games in a bad way. It kinda feels like Sony has left it to die after UMD Movies failed (who saw that coming?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ). DS is gravy and all but if they put FFT onto PSP...or castlevania:SOTN...I will be a happy camper after being a little miffed about the whole PS3 gongshow.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

They're releasing Phantasy Star IV for the PSP?

That's sacrilidge. They released the first three for the Game Boy, why not IV?

Grr.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

With the Sega Classic Collection you get II, III, and IV. Oh yeah! 22 Genesis games. If they had Streets of Rage I would crap myself but they don't sadly.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Altered Beast
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Comix Zone
    Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Ecco II: The Tides of Time
    Ecco Jr.
    Kid Chameleon
    Flicky
    Gain Ground
    Golden Axe I
    Golden Axe II
    Golden Axe III
    Phantasy Star II
    Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
    Ristar
    Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Super Thunder Blade
    Sword of Vermilion
    Vectorman
    Vectorman 2

Virtua Fighter 2

^ thats it, and about half of them I like so sweet!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You know I'm against piracy, but what's the point in this Sega Classics thing? The PSP homebrew scene is notorious, so who exactly are they aiming this at? It sounds incredible though, if I had a PSP i would snatch that up in a minute, I just wonder about the reasons behind this.

I might pick up a PSP in later life. Right now I cannot justify the price (same as a Wii) and it's lacking some killer "oomph". Shame, if the PSP came out a year or 2 before the DS it would have been absolutely killer.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I finally picked up LocoRoco the other day, and now I have to fight my son and my wife for playing time on my own damn PSP.:mad: :D

I'm really looking forward to the new MGS game for PSP. Ac!d just didn't cut it for me.

6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I'm still pleasantly hooked on NBA Live '06: my Mavericks are 38-10, baby! But yeah, the other games I bought, bleh, haven't played them.

I haven't paid any attention to what's on the horizon for the PSP, except for the much anticipated PS1 emulation. Old FF and BoF games on a portable just really is awesome to me right now... I just got FF3 for the DS, and I'm interested in getting a Micro for FF and BoF and other RPG advance games so that I can give the DS back to the wife, heh. I just love both our PSP and DS that I hope both can stay strong.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well I play all the new games which need the upgraded firmware and all so homebrew is a bit more tricky. I have never actually tried to install any though. I would like an SNES emulator so I can play Chrono Trigger etc.

I guess the sega collection is for the few people who will pay for the classic genesis games. Plus they *should* run better than homebrew would. :D

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ha ha..thats funny...loco roco would do that to people.

Bless