I'm Addicted to Gatorade!

Discussion in 'Community' started by SamIchi, Jul 16, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's all I drink now. I never really liked soda (and it's so bad for ya), I don't like drinkin' milk by itself, and juice i have every so often, coffee I never touch, and milk tea is nice once in a while. Is it bad that this is all I drink? I drink alot of water too. Just water and Gatorade. There isn't a Gatorade flavor that I don't like. Favorite Flavors - Lemonade, and X-factor Lemon Lime + Strawberry. They used to have a white one, but i forgot the name, that was really good. OK enough Gatorade praise, what about you guys.

I got Gatorade bottles everywhere...

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i drink a lot of gatorade in school...why i have no clue.... :rolleyes:

3. Poeben macrumors 6502

I am addicted to Snapple, specifically diet lemon tea. I used to drink regular until I figured I was consuming between 1/4 to 1/2 a pound of sugar a day just from Snapple. Now I only drink diet or unsweetened drinks.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Strange you should mention it, but I gave up soda (Diet Coke) for Gatorade too... lot more calories, but I suppose it is marginally better for me.

Glacier Freeze
    Riptide Rush

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Same here, I love Gatorade! To me if I'm in the mood for water but want a slight taste to it Gatorade does for me. What flavor do you drink?

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Love the Gatorade...the original lemon-lime is fine by me. We buy the powder mix and my kids love it, too. I still have to have my coffee in the morning and one Dr Pepper a day. But I get into the water and Gatorade in the afternoon.

Here's the story behind Gatorade

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

As a Georgia Bulldawg, I knew the story of Gatorade, but we could have done without the reminder :( The Florida Gators are our hated enemy :mad:

We had our own short-lived version known as Bulldog Punch, but it didn't catch on :(

Anyway, I try not to think about it 'cause I love the stuff!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I never drink Gatorade (or PowerAide for that matter) casually now. My biology teacher said that it is really unhealthy if you are not sweating or needing to replenish your body.

9. efoto macrumors 68030

I don't think an addiction to Gatorade is all that awful, there are much worse things you can do to yourself.

Essentially, isn't Gatorade "enhanced" water? :confused:
    I drink coffee when I can, water and Gatorade, and milk with protein shakes and cereal usually.

It does seem strange however that when at school I drink a lot more Gatorade then when at home or working....odd.

10. efoto macrumors 68030

How can that be? All the ingredients in Gatorade (Powerstuff too) is all water-soluble, not fat-soluble, meaning that you can't OD on them. It is like some vitamins, you can eat them like candy if you want, but others two is too much unless you need them. Anyone else have insight into potential problems with excessive Gatorade intake?

11. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The one thing to watch out for is the sodium. Active people will need more, but it can screw with the blood pressure of couch potatoes.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Gatorade has lots of stuff you need when exercising (sodium, water, simple carbohydrates), but you don't generally need that stuff when sitting in a cubicle. I generally limit myself to drinking it when I'm service clerk at work (shagging carriages 4+ hours), before/during/after bike rides, and when it's cheaper than water (yay sales! :D)

13. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I'm a pretty active person, and drink it all the time. Before during and after activities I drink Gatorade and water. I like drinking Gatorade when I have my meals too. In my mind I think it's better than havin' somethin' like soda.

14. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Gross. Gatorade has a chemical aftertaste. If you need to make a sports drink, just water with a little bit of salt and sugar, and a lime for taste.

15. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

If you like Gatorade type drinks try Glaceau's Vitamin Waters much better tasting IMO and better quality ingredients, no dyes and lost of extra vits, etc. I used to be a Gatorade drinker but switched to VitaminWater, I always thought they were lame until I tried them. Better flavors too...

16. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Has anyone tried Vitamin Kitty water? I saw it being sold in Asia in my trip over there last summer.

17. dylomel macrumors member

gatorade

gatorade rocks ! especailly the blue one :)

18. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I like gatorade, just not addicted to it. Water on the other hand...

19. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Hmmm a product containing sugar, food coloring and artificial flavors and has a really low pH that is just so good for you teeth, why are not more people buying it??? :rolleyes:
    Gatorade and all the other sports drinks are just smart marketing and branding. you get all the minerals you need from your normal food and water, the only time you dont is when you are sweating out more than you can drink, ie running a marathon on 35 degree celsius weather then you take salt pills to rehydrate and not get the muscle and stomach cramps associated with salt loss...
    Want to rehydrate the healthy way, grab fresh made fruit juice, all the liquid and minerals one needs...with out the synthetics

20. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

I do enjoy it - the fruit punch - esp. when it's very hot out and the gatorade is very cold. Sadly, I consume tremendous amounts of Diet Coke... This is something of a health kick for me since leaving YEARS of several regular cokes a day... oh, it's terrible I know! It's so damn fizzy! Help me... I hear it calling! :eek:

21. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I've never really cared for Gatorade. It never quenched my thirst, and MOST OF THE FLAVORS AREN'T REAL! I mean, GLACIER FREEZE? WTF kind of flavor is that?!

It's always tasted a little funky to me.

But then again, I go drink over a gallon of water every day. I've been trained by my cardiologist and urologist to do so. No more kidney stones and heart palpitations! rock!!

Water > Gatorade, any time of day! even post-exercise IMO.

*off to drink a 1.5 liter bottle of water. YUM!*

22. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

*joins those who don't have a hard-on for Gatorade*

I agree that it tastes funky, and leaves a weird aftertaste. They taste like fake fruit juices at the school cafeteria fountain that's been stretched out with too much water.

23. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I drink Gatorade about once a week. Im not fond of the taste but I prefer it more than Coke or Pepsi. But I read in the USA Today that It rots you teeth faster then Coke Or Pepsi. Also you can't get hydrated just from drinking Gatorade.

24. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

It's funny because just the other day I met these people from Scotland and we were talking about the differences here in North America and in Scotland. One thing they said was that they couldn't believe how many Americans are 'addicted' to Gatorade. They found it absurd that they even serve it in restaurants along with soda. I personally rarely drink the stuff. Maybe twice a year. I find it really sad how some people use Gatorade and other energy drinks as a substitute for water.

25. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

Doesn't gatorade also dehydrate you since it has so much sugar? I've always heard it's most effective when mixed with equal parts of water and itself. But besides that it sure does taste good.