I'm almost going to give up on MACS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by azscp, Mar 11, 2007.

1. azscp macrumors member

I've got a serious problem with my new intel based iMac. I stepped away from the computer for a little bit and when I came back to it, the screen was all messed up. The colors were all off...very off. My main screen was all black and white and when I launched safari the browser colors were off too. some yellows and baby blues.

Yesterday I requested help with my corrupt files but help wasn't a-plenty. I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

In System Preferences, check your color calibration. Click Displays, then click the Color tab and fool around.

Also, if things are way off, as in opposite or inverted, try pressing CMD+OPTION+CTRL+8.

3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Phone AppleCare For Help And Repair If Necessary

You phone Applecare and they help you find the problem and solution and if it stays broke they make arrangements to fix it for you.

4. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

You say you stepped away from your computer....
    Try hitting "control+option+command+8".

I doubt it will work. But if it does, someone in the building has a sense of humor.

5. azscp thread starter macrumors member

no luck but those colors look better than what i get on the main account and i checked the color in system preferences and no luck there either.

thanks for the tips

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you take a screenshot (COMMAND-SHIFT-3), and post the result, we might be able to tell you if it's a problem with the display or the calibration/driver. :)

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Have you restarted the machine yet?

Do so, and hold down Command - Option - P - R throughout the boot sequence until the screen goes black and it chimes again.

We need more information than what you have given us so far.

8. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

yea please post a shot of this issue. Is the problem specific to safari or are you noticing it system wide?

Like lancestraz said, you really just stepped away for a min and this happened? how long were you using it before this occurred and were you in a private place or did people have access to the iMac?

9. azscp thread starter macrumors member

here is a copy of my corrupt files. there are only a couple so far since i removed my preferences folder to the desktop and deleted them.

Attached Files:

10. azscp thread starter macrumors member

i think i've narrowed it down to photoshop being the culprit in corrupting these files in preferences. notice how many more corrupt files i have now as opposed to the last post just five minutes earlier. the only difference is that i used photoshop.

Attached Files: