I'm amazed by Remote Desktop 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AlBDamned, Jun 16, 2006.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    I got to play around with Apple Remote Desktop 3 today and it's one of the most incredible apps I've used in a while, seriously.

This may be old news to IT admins among you but the whole ability to observe, control, close, upgrade, monitor and generally act however you wanted with countless other computers was amazing. Over a not too fast network link you can see what a user is doing, control it, show them a process and so on....

Unbelievable. :)
  2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2006
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    agreed, now whenever i am at home and my younger siblings BEG me to go online with my powerbook, i can watch them and lock them out of the computer whenever i feel like it! HAH!

thank you apple :)
  3. eatrains macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2006
    XP Pro only lets you take control of one computer and doesn't include all of the management features that ARD does.
  4. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Dec 1, 2003
  5. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    Yeah.. I really wanted that pony !! I called tech support and they said that a pony was not included. I was pised. I wanted to dins all over their ass.
  6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    lol I like how the dins has made it's way over to this thread as well.
  7. bartvl macrumors newbie

May 31, 2006
    Is there any way to control a mac from a windows machine without using VNC? (which is terribly slow over the internet)