I'm an Apple Campus Rep!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Riot_Mac, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

I just got hired to be my schools campus rep for this year, my last year of grad school! Its kind of a sales/advertising/marketing position, which I do not know much about. I am an Instructional Technology student. The reason they hired me was becuase of my knowledge of apple products and the fact that I am a Mac freak. I was also recommended by the guy who has done it for the past few years. I am looking for some good advice on what I should do becuase I have never had a job like this.
    Thanks

2. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

Wow, that sounds like a cool job. Are the Macs sold through the school and is there a shop set up? Maybe start with finding some cool posters to put around school. Go to your local apple resellers and maybe talk to the sales reps there and see how many students from the school come to them. If you can get some live demo's set up, people like to stop and look at macs. Just some thoughts.

3. Riot_Mac thread starter macrumors regular

yeah we have a store here on campus and they are sold through the school. thanks for the info, i like the poster idea becuase most students dont know that there is a store on campus.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'd spread the word that Macs can be bought at the school by putting up posters, adding information about the Mac store to your school's web site (if it has one), and also adding links to Mac-related resources such as Apple.com.

5. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Alternative forms of marketing

Since you're working with a college crowd think like a typical undgrad student, man. I think that it is quite obvious that you need to throw a 20-kegger and give out tons of free Apple swag.

6. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

You can also kiss macrumors goodbye. Forum posting is strictly prohibited by any employee of Apple.

7. Riot_Mac thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the heads up! i dont post much anyway. normally just a lurker or posting if i know the answer to someones question.