I'm annoyed: Ed Wood on DVD

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacFan26, Feb 6, 2004.

1. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Ok, so if you've heard of the movie Ed Wood, with Johnny Depp and Sarah Jessica Parker, you may know that it hasn't been released on DVD yet. Well, it was supposed to have been released this summer, and then it was listed on Amazon as to be released on Feb. 3, and now, it's been recalled. But there were many stores that got a few copies, and the few lucky people who picked up copies for $20, are now selling them on Ebay for $60 up. I went to Borders because it said "availability in store" and when I got there, the store rep said it had been discontinued. Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure what my point is by posting this, I guess it's just a rant. Sorry it was so long. :confused:

2. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Why on earth would they do this? If they already produced the DVD for commercial release, and it actually made it to some stores for sale, why'd they stop it? Did it have lead paint?:eek:

Seriously, I have no idea why this would happen. Ed Wood is a fantastic film, and definitely deserves to be on a DVD.

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

what!? first i heard of it! i wanted to get it too!!

wiiiiiierd...

:(

4. MacFan26 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I heard the reason was because the special features were not approved by Buena Vista, or something like that and that's why they had to recall them. I also heard they were waiting until after the Oscars since both Bill Murray and Johnny Depp are up for best actor. Either way, it still sucks, lol.

5. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

It's bad that you can't get your hands on that flick, since it's a really good movie :)

vSpacken

6. losfp macrumors regular

You can always order it from overseas ;)

That's what I've had to do for many DVDs for years