IM BEGGING FOR HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by killuminati, Jan 9, 2005.

1. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Iv posted 3 threads on this already and nobody has responded!

I have a project in DVD Studio 3 that uses 3 slideshows (all connected playing one after the other) and 1 movie. Whenever i get to the slideshow part of the build, it goes through every image and says generating transition (in the log). It takes about 3 minutes for each image! After 5 hours when its finally at the end of the slideshows it says "Video Bitrate Too High". In the little bar it shows that im only using 2gb of the 4.7 disc, so I know that it all fits on fine.

Iv tried everything! There are no apples stores in canada, nowhere i can go to. Im begging for help! Thanks

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

There's your problem. Don't make a new thread every 3 days for the same, or even a similar, topic, it's a Bad Idea™. Rather, put a new post in the original thread and bump it back to the top.

3. fuzzwud macrumors regular

4. newton213 macrumors member

Got an Apple retail store close to you? Drop by and ask them, one of their genius guys at the bar. If it's a quick fix, or just a missed step, they oughta be able to tell you what's wrong. Other than that, specific discussion forums may help.

5. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

6. noggsy macrumors newbie

7. cfd macrumors member

What are the specifications of the computer you are using?

8. TBR macrumors 6502

I had that problem last night with some video i had compressed using compresser. I bumped up the bitrate to 9meg a second and it wouldn't burn. I instead used the defauly high quality preset and it worked fine.

So reduce your bitrate and it will work....i think

9. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The DVD standard Bitrate FOR ALL STREAMS is 9Mbit/sec, if your combined bitrate exceeds that then you'll get that message.

Are you running an audio track under your slideshow?

AIFF bitrate is 1440Kbs/sec, transitions require a higher bitrate, the combination may well exceed the max bitrate of the standard.

Try reducing the encoding bitrate of your movie, especially if you have more than one audio track.

I tend to limit the data rate of video to 6-7Mb/sec, that way it won't choke out.

10. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

11. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

thanks, I appreciate all your sarcastic remarks. :cool: I have tried/done everything you guys have suggested. I have spent hours with google going through every single forum that even mentions dsp. All the audio is in ac3. The main video is 1.5 gb. The slides shows combigned are about 450 mb. I dont understand how the video bitrate is too high and what i can do to fix it.

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm sorry about some of the unhelpful posts, but a number of people tried offering some suggestions. Just ignore the others.

Just out of curiosity:

What is your system setup (Mac, burner, OS version, etc.)?

Have you tried a portion of the work (e.g., not all the slideshows) to see if that works? Can you use that method to isolate the offending part? It does sound like some small part of your presentation yields excessive bitrates.

13. noggsy macrumors newbie

look at the log and try to ascertain where it falls over and remove the offending item and try again

What rates did you encode at ?

14. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Im on my 15" 1.5ghz 1 gig RAM pb. With superdrive and latest os (10.3.7 I think)

I had originaly burned it once without any slideshows and it worked fine. Then I decided to add the slideshows and I built it once, it went pretty quickly just a few seconds per pic, and then at the end I would get the error "Video Bitrate Too High"

Now, it takes so much longer "Rendering Slideshow Transitions" as it says in the log. It goes through through every pic doing it and it ends up taking about 5-6 hours.

Ill try just building each individual slideshow and a plain menu to see what part doesnt work. If you have any other suggestions please dont make them too complicated, I'm just a beginner.

Thanks,

Edit: I have burned many DVD's on my pb with dvsp and never had a problem.

15. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

I dont know anything about bitrates. All I know is that I when I finished a movie in iMovie i encoded it iin imovie to mpeg2. and the video seems to work fine, but when the slideshows are building thats the problem. and i dont know how to change the bitrate of a slideshow

16. noggsy macrumors newbie

As WinterMute stated earlier are you running any audio with your slideshow

If so what format is the audio in

17. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Try reducing the size of the images in your slideshow – they are probably larger and a higher resolution than they need to be.

This would greatly reduce the amount of rendering time and processing power, and should speed things up.

18. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

yes each slideshow has an audio track in .ac3. I converted it to that from aiff because someone said it might fix the problem.