I'm being tortured!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lord Blackadder, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Well, today another new Powermac G5 arrived at work...a Dual core 2.3Ghz with a couple BTO options and an Apple 20" Cinema Display.

I'm the guy that gets to spec out and order these machines, but I don't get to use them. Doh! Here's a list of the new computers I've ordered for the lab in the last 9 months:

-One Dual 2.0 GHz AGP G5

-5 (yes, 5! :eek: ) Dual Core 2.3GHz Powermac G5s with various BTO options. All have Apple Cinema displays (either the 20" or 23").

- 1 15" PowerBook - maxed RAM, 128MB video card, 100GB HD and all the other BTO options.

- 1 12" Powerbook that the end user won't touch because she hates Macs.....It has sat, brand new and unused, for a month now. I think it will stay that way until one of the IT guys swoop it up. I hate that lady. :( :mad:

- 1 iMac G5 (PCI-e version)

- 1 Dell Precision dual Xeon with 4GB RAM, a Quadro video card, a SATA boot drive and a SCSI RAID array among other things. Nice.....for a Dell. :D

It drives me crazy with all this uber stuff laying around!!!!! ;)

Oh well, in compensation I get to take home the 266MHz beige G3 that the Powermac is replacing. :rolleyes:

2. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I can relate- I watched 10 dual core G5s roll past me last week, and found out the users are getting 20" Cinema Displays too! Jealousy sets in ....

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It's a good thing I'm so happy with my G4 Powermac at home, or I might be tempted to change the "ship to" address on the next order. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Looking on the bright side, we've bought 9 or so Macs in the last year, and only about half a dozen Dells....

4. iGav macrumors G3

That's nothing fella... I was at a do on Monday, getting off with quite possibly the foxiest lass ever, only to discover that their wasn't a rubber in the entire f**kin' joint. :eek: :rolleyes: :(

That my friend... is torture. ;)

5. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Ok, you beat me there.:eek:

But "protection" is a lot easier to come by than....oh for god's sake did I just say that?!?!? :D :rolleyes:

*beaten to death by pun police*

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I think they charge extra if you enjoy it ;)

7. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Oh, and did I mention that, amidst all these new Macs, the computer I get to use here is a wheezy old PIII tower with a CRT that looks like it has a cataract? :mad: