I'm clueless about iTunes video.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jne381, Sep 12, 2006.

1. jne381 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2006
    Grand Rapids
    This may seem like a very stupid question to some, but video with itunes has got me perplexed on a couple of issues.

Let me just say I only have a 40GB click wheel with the monochromatic display, so I have not done much with video yet, but the new products may cause a purchase.

1. If I purchase a video on iTunes, do I have the capability to burn it to a DVD and put it in my or my girlfriends television DVD player, much the same way I can burn a CD an put it in my car?

2. Can I take the movies I already own on DVD and load them into iTunes, and like a CD do with them as I please, like putting it on a iPod, or stream it to "iTV"?

3. If these things are not possible with iTunes as it is configured now, does anyone know of programs that would make it possible to do these things?

I know there is probably some legal reason why this is wrong, but the logic doesn't make sense. If you can do it with music, why wouldn't you be able to do it with video. If there is an answer to that, I would appreciate feed on it as well.

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Q1. Haven't tried burning to a DVD, but you can plug the iPod into the TV and play it back that way
    Q2. Yes, using Handbrake and some other methods. But if you do it with commercial protected DVD's, the process breaks the DMCA and is illegal. There's a sticky note at the top of this forum that covers the process