I'm finally a switcher!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wano, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

I just recieved my 17"Powerbook. This thing is amazing!!!!!!...i did it, i switched, and it feels great!

I just have a question:

When I calaborate the battery, can I put it in sleep mode? Also, when I take it places, do I shut it down so it doesnt drain the battery, or do I put it to sleep?

Thanks!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I will use this thread to post any more questions I have(others feel free to do so too).

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

congrats, i dont know about callobrating the battery, i didnt think you had to do that on these batterie. well when im finished with my laptop i just shut the lid and it goes to sleep, i dont believe you lose any battery life, the only thing it is powering is the pulse light, anyways, congrats again and make sure you go get all your updates in your system prefrences.

iJon

3. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

if you hear a popping sound its your speakers waking up, if it annoyes you, go to version tracker and search for "KeepSoundAwake" or "KeepSoundOn", something like that. just do a search for sound and it should come up, but make sure your searching under the Mac OSX tab. http://versiontracker.com

4. litosclone macrumors member

5. SasyBabe macrumors member

SasyBabe

I cant wait until my 17" PB comes too!! I'm a switcher too! :D

How long did it take to get your PB??

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

7. Wano thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't seem to get the illuminated keyboard to work. I checked system preference and the box for it is checked, the brightness of the screen goes down, but the keyboard does not light up. Anyone have any adivce..thanks!

8. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Is it dark enough to notice it where you're making this assessment?

9. Wano thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it's dark enough to notice. I just relized I turned it off using some keyboard shortcut, but I dont know how to turn it back on.

SasyBabe
    It took mine 3weeks and 5days to arrive.

10. nptski macrumors member

I'm about to have to switch back. Sadly, real estate is a windoze world. I have really tried, VPC doesn't run worth a darn on my 12" Powerbook which I am about to give to my daughter. I'm really disappointed, but I'm spending far to much time trying to re-invent the wheel. FWB's Real PC may have something, but I doubt it. Sigh...