Im Finally Thinking Different!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bmur22, Nov 20, 2005.

1. bmur22 macrumors newbie

So i got my first Mac about a week and a half ago. Its been quite the transition. Anyway, i think tonight its finally clicking why this is such a great experience. Im kicked back with my wireless apple keyboard, chatting on Adium, watching a dvd, writing this message, and it all seems second nature.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my positive experience this far. Ive gone Mac and I'll never go back!!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Congrats. I've seen you've taken the next step by posting on MacRumors. That's a sure sign you've become a Mac addict, eh? [​IMG]

3. bmur22 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah for sure. Ive been reading this site for ages, its part of my daily ritual. But I just started posting since I got my Mac. So far so good.

4. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

congrats man, and fellow canadian, i hope that mac brings you joy for the next 5 years or so, mac really keep their value too, not like PC's their worse then new cars LOL! thanks for posting too, and have fun with it

5. p0intblank macrumors 68030

6. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Congrats, Mate!! You are just experiencing the beginning of a great relationship. ..oh and before I forget welcome to the board...

7. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

Welcome to Macrumors! It's amazing how quickly OS X seems to become second nature. A friend of mine used her roommate's PowerBook for a week or so, and after a week or so she was giving me tips.

Congrats on your Mac, you'll just grow to love it even more from here!

8. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

As the saying goes: Once you go Mac (and MacRumors), you'll never go back. ;)

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Ah the ease of multi tasking on a Mac, after you do it on a Mac you ask why you ever put up with Windows madness. Enjoy your new machine and welcome!

10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Hehe...congrats....and i certainly hope u will enjoy it...whats the mac btw?

11. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

:D Welcome! "Once you go Mac, you'll never go back."

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it!

12. bmur22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got a Dualcore PowerMac. I know it seems odd for someone who has never owned a Mac to go buy one of these, but i plan on using it for work. Im slowly getting together the gear I need for a home studio. So I'll be using the Mac for audio recording/mixing/editing etc.

13. aznspyder macrumors member

Welcome to the world of Apple! (and MacRumors;))

I was a switcher about a month ago too. Feels great to make the switch, huh? I'm jealous of your PowerMac, I want one too! I got this really cool iBook G4 because I thought that it would be great for a newbie like me. Have fun!

14. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Welcome to the happy world of computing :D

For all of you that haven't seen it yet... Mac Beginner's Guide (Still work in progress but I hope it's already helpful)