Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Doctor Q said:
Making an ordered list where one of the items is "putting things in order" might be a bit confusing. While we are waiting for ~Shard~ to comment about it, we should do the following two steps in the order listed:

1. Congratulate ~Shard~.

2. Congratulate Pam first.
Maybe it's the jet lag, but that made me laugh out loud. Uh oh, people are starting to stare...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Thanks for the confusing ordering of things guys - like I don't have enough to figure out as it is now that I'm married! :eek: ;)

How about this one:

~Shard~: The next thing Doctor Q says will be false.
Doctor Q: ~Shard~ has spoken truthfully.

There, that should keep you busy...

More updates to follow!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
~Shard~ said:
Thanks for the confusing ordering of things guys - like I don't have enough to figure out as it is now that I'm married! :eek: ;)

How about this one:

~Shard~: The next thing Doctor Q says will be false.
Doctor Q: ~Shard~ has spoken truthfully.

There, that should keep you busy...

More updates to follow!

Just be sure that you spend plenty of time with Pam. Hope that she doesn't mind sharing you with us. ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
wdlove said:
Just be sure that you spend plenty of time with Pam. Hope that she doesn't mind sharing you with us. ;)

Thanks wdlove, but she doesn't mind at all. As she has often said to me, we've got the rest of our lives to spend together, so time apart, or doing our own thing, is not a problem - in fact, for a relationship to stay healthy, I would argue it is required. We spend a lot of quality time tother as it is, but we do enjoy our personal time and have our own personal interests, which I think is important. Of course, the fact that she loves Macs as well is a bonus. ;)

Plus, she's asleep right now, and I'll be headed to bed myself in another hour or so - have to get up early for an acting gig tomorrow...

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Awesome, simply amazing that you get to marry Pamela Anderson :D

In all reality, well nevermind since Pamela Anderson is reality in this rare case, congratulations on the marriage and all the triumphs (for both of you) that go along with that. I wish you the very best in all you do together. Have fun on the honeymoon and enjoy the week off as well, cheers to you both ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
~Shard~ said:
Thanks wdlove, but she doesn't mind at all. As she has often said to me, we've got the rest of our lives to spend together, so time apart, or doing our own thing, is not a problem - in fact, for a relationship to stay healthy, I would argue it is required. We spend a lot of quality time tother as it is, but we do enjoy our personal time and have our own personal interests, which I think is important. Of course, the fact that she loves Macs as well is a bonus. ;)

Plus, she's asleep right now, and I'll be headed to bed myself in another hour or so - have to get up early for an acting gig tomorrow...

I totally agree with your sentiments ~Shard~. Just concerned being that you are a newlywed. As long as you both agree then it cool. That is the way my wife and I are. Luckily both of our wives love the Mac. ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
efoto said:
Awesome, simply amazing that you get to marry Pamela Anderson

In all reality, well nevermind since Pamela Anderson is reality in this rare case, congratulations on the marriage and all the triumphs (for both of you) that go along with that. I wish you the very best in all you do together. Have fun on the honeymoon and enjoy the week off as well, cheers to you both

Thanks efoto, I do appreciate it. :)

wdlove said:
I totally agree with your sentiments ~Shard~. Just concerned being that you are a newlywed. As long as you both agree then it cool. That is the way my wife and I are. Luckily both of our wives love the Mac. ;)

And I appreciate your concerns as well wdlove - I respect your experience as well, being married for quite some time as you have been, so I definitely take your advice and comments to heart! :) :cool:

And I'd like to compliment each other on marrying intelligent women - i.e. women who like Macs. ;)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Here's a bit of advice for newly married men. Try not to introduce your spouse as "my first wife".

You're welcome.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Doctor Q said:
Here's a bit of advice for newly married men. Try not to introduce your spouse as "my first wife".

You're welcome.

Too late. ;)

I only did that though after my wife made the comment to her Dad that, "If he was so generous for this wedding, she can't wait to see how generous he is for her second wedding!"

Yah, we like bugging each other a lot - as well as soul mates, we're best friends. :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
toaster_oven said:
belated congrats!

where are you going on your honeymoon?

-to

Thanks! As I said earlier, this week is just a week off from work doing absolutely nothing - and it's been great so far. As for the honeymoon itself, we'll be going to Hawaii for a couple weeks in the middle of November. Can't wait, it should be amazing!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Thanks sushi! And luckily, I found myself one of those women who doesn't go for the whole ~Boss~ thing - we mutually respect each other and are best friends as well as being spouses. ;) It's all very cool, and I couldn't be happier. :cool:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
~Shard~ said:
Thanks sushi! And luckily, I found myself one of those women who doesn't go for the whole ~Boss~ thing - we mutually respect each other and are best friends as well as being spouses. ;) It's all very cool, and I couldn't be happier. :cool:

Yes, ~Shard~ it is very important to be best friends also. You know what each other is thinking. Just keep it interesting. Be sure to say I Love you often. Never be afraid to say I'm sorry. Do you each equally help out around the house?

Hawaii should be awesome.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
~Shard~ said:
are best friends as well as being spouses.
I think that is the real key.

Sharing a future with your best friend is a wonderful way to live.

And as some have said already, always let your spouse know that you love them...often.

Marriage is like an investment. The more you put in, the more you get out of it.

Sushi

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
~Shard~ said:
Thanks! As I said earlier, this week is just a week off from work doing absolutely nothing - and it's been great so far. As for the honeymoon itself, we'll be going to Hawaii for a couple weeks in the middle of November. Can't wait, it should be amazing!
Jealous!

Where in Hawaii are you going? My wife and I went to Maui for ours... it was insanely fun. :) We did all the usual touristy stuff, but they were all well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.