Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
I've been a big Apple fan since 2006, and have bits and bobs of their products, and since 2010 I have been really interested in the iPad. It has been very interesting to watch it evolve into the beast that it is today.

Now, I am aware of the hype surrounding the Mini, but I really want to see the Retina display on the new iPad for myself. I really can't wait! I have to say, they do look nice!

I can't decide on the colour though, is it going to be black or white? The white does look nice in photos I've seen, but I just don't know. Does the black one show a lot of fingerprints?

Sorry for the rambling but I'm just that excited :D .

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
This made me smile! You are going to love it. I have black because when watching movies, the bezel just blends in. However, my iPhone is white and I love it. White is gorgeous on small devices, not so much on the 10" iPad.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I've been a big Apple fan since 2006, and have bits and bobs of their products, and since 2010 I have been really interested in the iPad. It has been very interesting to watch it evolve into the beast that it is today.

Now, I am aware of the hype surrounding the Mini, but I really want to see the Retina display on the new iPad for myself. I really can't wait! I have to say, they do look nice!

I can't decide on the colour though, is it going to be black or white? The white does look nice in photos I've seen, but I just don't know. Does the black one show a lot of fingerprints?

Sorry for the rambling but I'm just that excited :D .

You're gonna love the ipad. I've owned many ipads now...all for the people in my family - you will love it so much. It's like your first time having sex....wait...no, it's not.

wingsabr

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
Congrats on your first iPad...you're gonna love it!

I've gone back and forth between colors and its really just a matter of preference. I will say that the white always seemed to have more contrast, but that's likely placebo.

Black
3G
3GS
iPad 2
Mini

White
4S
iPad 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.