I'm getting sent to Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jefhatfield, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am so tempted to say something political here, but i will refrain ;)

stay safe and our prayers are with you

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No politics here please! This isn't about politics. Someone is going off to put their life on the line for those of us back here. This is about saying thanks and good luck.:)

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i agree with you, mactastic, and i know there are threads just for debating iraq policy in detail

it's just that some president has put american lives on the line...and for what?

every day i watch tv, i hear more and more reports of soldiers who are totally demoralized from the president's lack of direction here in this war and the great dissent in his staff concerning iraq...this was not the case in afganistan or the first iraq war

but that being said, the most important thing here is the safe return of the soldiers, whether we send them back this month, next year, or next decade

...and i am sure supporters of bush and detractors alike can agree on the sentiment of a safe return of our faithful men and women putting their lives on the line for us

as much as i would like to see iraq be a better country, my greatest wish is for the safe return of our troops especially since i know some who are there or on call to be there

4. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

???I'm confused???

Who is getting sent to Iraq? Is that you Jef?

Did a post get dropped?

Taft

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Looks like this part got lopped off and dropped in politics after all....

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i think this is a detour of the thread Abercrombie started (community area)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.