I'm Going on a Diet Plan!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kardashian, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I've decided, I'm 2 (Edit: 3 stone) stone overweight - and its starting to show.

I'm going on a diet!

I've never been 'tiny' but I've never been a ''Gosh! He's looking plump!" either - well, I've stopping it before it gets any further.

We've looked into Lipo for my 18th birthday, but I need to lose 2 (Edit: 3 stone) stone (get down to 13) to have that - and thats the main of the bulk - so its cheaper to eat healthily, and excerise at a gym.

If I change my diet to one provided for me, by my Dr, and join a gym over 3 times a week, in 6 weeks I should lose a stone.

I take care of myself more than most guys - some would say more than most girls - moisturise, St. Tropez, exfoliate, the works (and I'm having teeth bleaching next week) - and dress trendy etc, so its only the weight bothering me.

I don't want to be an Adonis, but I don't want to be overweight, either. Right now, I can buy everything my friends can (in a bigger size, obv.) and still look good - but in a few months, I'm worried I'm gonna be a disaster - so I'm dieting!

Anyway, random thread, just wanted to really sink it in (to myself) that my life is now changing :D

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

What kind of diet did your doctor prescribe to you?

Good Luck!

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

No idea until I pick it up Tuesday!

Guessing its low carb, low fat - hope its similar the one my Nana went on, rice, pasta and all that jazz - I don't even eat that much - I think its the lack of exercise, mixed with the [some] fatty foods thats making me bulge!

So we'll see, but the food change won't be a problem.. hope I can say the same for a gym, since its the first time I've ever set foot in one! :eek:

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Good luck with loosing the weight. I would like to lose some weight as well so that's why I got the Nike+ iPod kit :D Hopefully I will stick with it...:confused:

Nuc

5. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Stick to it! :D

I'm determined to lose the 2 - and if I'm still not happy with what I see.. I'll be light enough for the Lipo option ;)

I don't have visions of being like a rake, just a bit less 'bulky'.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you hoping to lose? :eek:

6. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

sorry...American. 2 stone? How much is that?

7. iGary Guest

iGary

28 lbs.

8. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Would you consider that a lot, or do people lose that amount quite 'commonly'?

9. iGary Guest

iGary

Ha. I won't even go into how much weight I gained since back surgery. Try three stone. ;)

10. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Its been said, by my Dr, with 3 hours a week in a gym, and a diet change, you can lose a stone (14lbs) in 6 weeks.

So.. maybe in 5 months, 3 stone could be gone?

I'm hoping to lose that first stone, once thats done - I'll be over the moon!

11. iGary Guest

iGary

I start working with a dietician on Thursday as excercise is not really an option for me until I am mobile again. I have to lose the weight, and then get active again. Sucks. I was running marathons this time last year. :rolleyes:

12. Lau Guest

2 stone isn't too much. They say that a safe rate is to lose 1-2 pounds a week, so in theory it'll take 7-14 weeks. I suspect once you've lost one stone you'll feel a lot better, so really, in say a month or two you'll be looking and feeling so much better.

Can I also put my vote in against liposuction? You're 18, so it won't be difficult to tone up with exercise. Liposuction is a bloody horrible procedure by the looks of it, and I believe it's not easy to recover from. A bit of cardiovascular exercise will tone you up, and you can do weights if you want more muscle. Also, it's likely that you'll get just get flabby in the same places afterwards unless you exercise anyway.

Liposuction's is a total last resort in my opinion, i.e. when you've lost a load of weight and have been exercising for months and months and are still really flabby in specific places, not something to plan for instead of toning up through exercise. See how you get on, and do some running or similar at the same time as losing weight. You might well be surprised. And think of the Macs you can buy with the savings!

13. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I lost about that much on the low-carb thing...right around 35lbs I think. I've gained a few of it back, though. Exercise is the key...

14. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Lets hope so! I'm gonna be putting everything into it, just wish I'd done it a month ago, when summer break started! I could have gone back all new! :(

Yes - this will be used if after losing 2 - 2 1/2 stone, my shape still isn't as I would like. Although, it should be - I'm not aiming for the washboard abs look. ;)

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The keys are to stay active even after you've reaching your goal stones. The other key is to have a diet or eating plan that is sustainable after you are off your "diet", i.e. changing your eating habits permanantly.

The main rules seems to be:
    Lean meats and beans for protein
    Lots of veggies
    Whole Grains rather that white grains or white rice
    Oils low is saturated fat
    Give up processed sugars and High Fructose Corn Syrup
    Allow yourself some room to cheat (like one meal a week whatever you want)

Then for exercise:
    Exercise your biggest muscles for the most effect
    Mix Cardio and Weight Training to Gain Muscle mass
    Muscles burn calories even in post exercise resting
    More Muscle equals more fat burning potential
    Muscles need one day rest between weight training sessions

Whew...I'm tired just typing that. Well, guess that was my workout for the day...guess I can skip the gym. ;)

16. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I satrted a diet recently as well. Good luck with yours, Josh. Lipo is a horrible idea. You're only 15 stone, and that's not that bad. Hell, after leaving Iraq, I gained 50 lbs. (mainly from slurpees). It'll take some time, but I'm confident that I'll be able to lose the fat in a year easily, let alone put on 15 pounds or so of lost muscle mass. I want to get fit before I go back to London. I guess The Rock had lipo to get rid of his Samoan man boobs years ago, so it's not all bad, but I'd be wary.

17. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Even if I want the lipo, I'm still looking at losing a minimum 2 stone - so thats going, either way.

I think after I lose 2 stone, I'll be happy (Unless I get a fitness freak urge during my sudden burst of training, and turn into a gym-buff - then I might have lipo to chisle out a few areas :p )

18. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

How tall are you, if I may ask? I'm 5'6" (168 cm) and I should be 10 stone. I need to lose 4 stone myself.

19. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Im 5'11" - and weight about 15 1/4 - 15 1/2 stone - I NEED TO BE DOWN TO 13 1/2 FOR LIPO OR 13 STONE WITHOUT..

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

14 lbs in 6 weeks is pushing it. 1-2 lbs per week is the safe amount to lose, and that's in excess of the high end of that. Don't overdo it!

Also, realize that losing weight and keeping it off requires an overall change in lifestyle. You can't just hit your target and then figure, "well, that's that." Nope, it's a continual process; you really should think of it as changing your lifestyle to a healthier, more active one.

21. mac-er macrumors 65816

This stone thing throws me off.....it keeps making me think you are trying to pass kidney stones.

22. iGary Guest

iGary

23. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Yup, I know and understand that.. I thought I said that in my first post :rolleyes: Thanks though, dude.. I'll give you all a good laugh after my first day at the Gym!

24. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Weighed myself there yesterday for tht first time in about a month. I dropped 1/2 a stone. Im down to 9.75 stone. No idea how I lost it, I didnt try at all!

25. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

My friend went on a diet and went to the gym everyday, he lost nearly 50 ponds in 2 months. I do not recommend that its might hurt you more a lot more then benifit you migth get from losing the wight. I would recommend something like 8-10 pounds a month but you have to keep it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.