I'm going to be freaking rich....

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Sep 19, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Check it out, yo:

Dearest One,

Good a thing to write you.I have a proposal for you-this however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will.

I am Marym ,22years old and the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs.Ferdinand Coulibally.My father was a highly reputable busnness magnet-(a cocoa merchant)who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad year 12th.Febuary 2003.

Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle ofn his who travelled with him at that time.But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 4 years old,and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on Febuary 12 2003 on our to the hospital
    and he disclosed to me secretly that he has the sum of Eighteen Million,United State Dollars.(USD$18,000,000)left in fixed deposit account in one of the leading banks in Abidjan Cote d ivoire Africa.

I am just 22 years old and really don't know what to do.Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast.The death of my father actually has brought sorrow to my life.

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1. Can you honestly help me as your daughter?

2. Can I completely trust you?

3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.
    Thank you so much.

My sincere regards,

Marym Coulibally.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yar! A lass o' fortune after me own heart....

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Why do i not get any of these emails i want to be rich damnit

PS don't forward them to me :p

5. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Please share your good fortune and forward that letter to me... :D

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I never receive any of these emails – I suppose that these African heiresses just don't consider me trustworthy enough... :(

7. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I never get those e-mails but oddly enough, since we are on the topic of money, I am always getting e-mails that my bank account has an error. It's the oddest thing. I guess things are better with it though because after I sent them over my account number and PIN, they never contacted me and you know what they say. No news is good news. My next mystery is to figure out why the store said my credit card was maxed out when I went to buy cat food for Fluffy.

8. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I know how you feel!! :eek:

This is one of the more stranger written ones I've seen! They are all funny!

9. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's so unfair! I just got something about "lower mortgage rates", and I don't even own a house, so it doesn't help me at all :(

10. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Oh dear...

And the guy who said that no news is good news... check your bank balence. I think you just got phished.

11. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

ah, the nigerian e-mafia strikes again!

I'm kinda sad though - they don't send me anything anymore...I guess they gave up on me...

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'd glady help her out, but I'd need them to send me at least $10,000 to form a new LLC and pay for the local filing needed to get a bank account for this effort.

Plus, there is always the money needed to pay for a home equity loan to pay for the transfer fee from Africa.

So I'm too poor to help them out right now ... poor me. :(

13. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Africa people! Where the big bucks are! Don't let those commercials fool you, they are rolling in it but just don't want to share.

Maybe I should move to Africa and look into becoming said reputable busnness magnet. :cool:

14. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Aar, me thinks ye be swindled it ye try this scam Aar

(not bad for a first try :D )

15. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

There's a site somewhere where the people respond and get the scammers 'hooked', then convince them to send us a little bit of insurance money or take a picture of themselves holding a stupid sign. It's hilarious.

I hope I find it again and edit this post, or everyones going to think I'm a big fat stinking liar.

AppleMatt

16. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Liar

17. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

well, that rang a bell.

There was a program dedicated to that scam over here in England last year.

It was a huge scam that some idiots actually fell for, loosing a **** load of money in the process.

You did know that right?

18. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

After reading some of these replies, I can only surmise that what I feared has come to pass... satire is dead.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Man, I can't wait for this to come through. Soon, I'm going to have $18 million and a HUGE penis!!!

20. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

And 20 young nymphos to blow your cash or your p-...er... nevermind.

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think it'll take that amount in Penis Pills before they start working.

22. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Huh? :confused: What makes you think that?

23. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Dang I wish it was true. :D Then you could fulfill Katies idea by giving everyone free PMs :p

24. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Dateline actually managed to get three of these fools to meet them at an airport under HEAVY security...they eventually tracked them down to some slum in Toronto.

It was hilarious to listen to all the phone conversations... :D

25. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Some one should just get into a relationship with one of these people and then turn them over to the police when they ask for tour credit card #.