I'm going to be gone for a while

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Nov 29, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Me and my two best friends were driving home Wednesday night. They were Indian so they were going to spend Thanksgiving with me. On our way home we were going to Sonic but they were closed and wasl looking for a turaround apoint. Everythign after that we dont't remember because I blackedout and dreamed for a very long time and woke up with poilce and abumlances. I was the driver and Avkash was sitting next to me. We were both wearing our seatbelts and came out ok. His brother and my friend Avnish died, police do not think he was wearing his seatbelt. We rolled over numerous times and hit a tree. This has been a terrible time for his family and me as well becasue I still blame myself even though his family and brother tell me not to. there was no drinking or drugs or anything at all and netiher of us remember the wreck. For all of you who believe in God, just pray from my friend Avkash for his fast recovery, his injuries aren't serious and will just require time. Pray for me as well. I have a broke cheek bone and eye socket bone and just hope you guys will pray for a good surgery. Pray for my friend Avnish that he will watch over me and his brother as we contiune our lives as best friends. God Bless.

iJon

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

May the Lord be with you in your time of need iJon. Keep praying, God is listening.

May the Lord be with you.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm so sorry iJon. This is very sad news. It is very difficult in a situation like this not to blame yourself. Sounds to me like you were not at fault. Are the police trying to reconstruct the accident? Hopefully other members will learn from your experience and also wear their seatbelt. I always thought that you were a very responsible young man, try not to be hard on yourself.

My prayers go out to Avnish may he rest in peace. Hope that his parents will find comfort in the Lord. I pray that you and Avkash will fully recover. May you all be surrounded by his Love. Do both of you have a prognosis for a full recovery? Look forward to your full recovery and return to the forum, you will be missed. ;)

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

You have my sincerest condolences.

It's things like this that put life into perspective.

Sorry.

:(

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

iJon if theres anything I can do let me know. I hope you and your friend feel better soon and everything goes well with the surgery.

6. VirtualInsanity macrumors newbie

Don't blame yourself iJon, it doesn't seem like it was your fault at all.

Im sorry, let us know if we can do anything. We will miss you and pray for the recovery of those involved.:(

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

My condolences and best wishes for recovery. Being the driver in a fatal accident is a terrible weight to carry around, i have seen many people in this situation turn to alcohol and drugs. It's important that you seek counseling if you are comfortable doing so; not to have someone tell you "it's not your fault", as people are already telling you that, rather a person to open up to and help you come to realize this for yourself.

if you ever need to talk, you have a lot of friends here at MR, just keep that in mind.

paul

8. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

9. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

iJon, sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life throws us a curve ball, but these things are out of are hands. Everyone please pray for iJon and his buddy. Remember, you have friends on macrumors. Best wishes to you and your family.

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

My prayers go out for you and your friends. God sometimes calls people to go up with him. Do not blame yourself. May God be with you........

11. alset macrumors 65816

alset

It's very rare that I pray, but I will for both of you. Also, I'll throw in a few for your families. So sorry to hear that you have to go through something like this. Keep your head up and find positivity wherever you can.

Dan

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I am so sorry to hear about the car accident, iJon. The injury to your cheek and eye socket must hurt. I hope the surgery goes well and that you have a fast recovery. I hope Avkash will recover quickly too.

The hurt from the loss of your friend Avnish must be very hard to deal with. Like your physical injuries, healing will require time, and will be hardest at first.

Please know that your friends here at MacRumors are wishing the best for you.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Wow iJon, I hope u are ok. This is definitely nothing easy to handle during the holidays. Just keep in mind that good can & will come from this, no matter how much it hurts.

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

That can't be an easy thing to deal with.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in this matter.

Hope you feel better,
    scem0

15. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thank you guys, all your comments help. my cheek and eye do not hurt, only because that half of my face is numb. but since of my parents business, they had many doctors come look at me out of courtousey and they say everything will go well and that my injuries are not serious. i will go to the facial doctors monday and find out when surgery will take place. as for the accident i dont know what what happened, only what we were going to do that night. the night was foggy and the roads were wet and it was at a turn. my friend avkash says he remember a van pulling out in front of us but i honestly don't remember anything. the poilce say avnish wasnt wearing a seatbelt which tears me apart because i always wear mine and everyone who ever gets in my car knows to wear one. i dont know how i will ever get over this, i cry everynight telling myself what should of happened different and all those little things, but people and even avkash and his family assure me that is was an accident and that we have to be strong and god decideded it was his turn. its rough, it just seems what has just happened only happened in the movies or to a friend of a friend/ avkash keeps telling me to toughen up for nish because nish wouldn't want me to be a p***y. my old youth paston who recently moved back to town has been talking to me and he just told me this is one of those things that will take time and only time can make this better. ill will respond back after the sugery to let you guys know how it went and thank you for the prayers, avkash and i are staying strong and we are still planning on goign to our trip to mexico by ourselves to be with each other and grow stronger and to get away from everything.

iJon

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

17. vniow macrumors G4

I hope everything works out iJon and I wish there was more I could say but I can't....

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Words fall far short when trying to communicate emotions in situations like this...

Here's to your and Avkash's speedy recovery and to Avnish's memory.

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Nothing anyone can say will make it better. You're going to need time, and at times it may seem like it will never stop hurting, but the clouds will clear.

Just keep talking; keep letting it out. We're all here listening and we can all understand at some level.

Remember everyone, buckle up.

20. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

That is so hard iJon, I wish you and yours a speedy recovery.

Try not to beat yourself up over this, accidents happen and there wasn't much you could have done either way from the sound of it.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Remember iJon that "there are no coincidences in life, but the providence of God." We in this life will never understand what plan God has for us. What seems like a tragedy to us, God has a plan to turn in into good so that it will glorify him.

"If God is for us who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

22. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Sorry to hear about all that iJon. Hope your surgery goes okay.

23. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thank you for the calming words. my friends were hindu (well they believed in our god but there parents were hindu so they didnt show it much) but I asked avkash about what happens now and he said that God decided that Avnish had completed his goals here on earth in 17 years and it was his time. they were calming words as well. i still need to get in some counciling though because everynight when i lay my head down all i think about is the wreck and suicide.

iJon

24. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Sorry to hear that iJon. Wish you all the best. Keep praying. God is with you.

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You have my sincerest condolences as well iJon - take care and keep strong.