I'm going to be published!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Abstract, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Well, not in a photography magazine or anything. It's actually by STA, the student-based travel agency that only caters to uni students.

I've been told that one of my photos will be used for poster(s) and or advertisements of some sort, and that I have $200 to spend at STA for any flights or vacations I want!! :D

Just bought a $2000 flight to Japan near Xmas time though. Why didn't I get this voucher 3 weeks ago when I needed it!! :eek:

Still stoked though. :) I submitted a few photos to them, so I really don't know which one they chose. It would be a great surprise if I walked in there one day and saw my photo on a poster!
  2. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Feb 12, 2006
    Awesome news! Congratulations!

And enjoy your trip!:) I'm sure we'll see pictures from it.
  3. shawsinio macrumors regular

May 29, 2006
    Nice work! It's great when you put effort into something and someone else see's something in it, satisfaction!
  4. wmmk macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    cool! i'm doing a similar contest for a door manufacturing company. $250 per shot. anyway, congrats!
  5. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2003

I bet it is more exciting than I imagine it to be!!:D
  6. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    It is for me! :p

The funny thing is that I took almost all of those photos with either a 2 MP Canon A60, or my 4 MP Canon IXUS 40, since most of my travelling was done before I got my DSLR (ie: when DSLRs were like $3000 and up). Hell, I remember buying the Canon A60 2 MP ---- it broke the bank!

Most of my travel photos were taken using film cameras. I guess I could have had the photos I took using a film camera scanned, but they're in Canada and I don't know where I put them. :eek: (I also wasn't very good, although I remember spending a LOT more time composing my shots than I do now. I didn't have a lot of money, so I really tried to stretch those 10 or so rolls of film as far as they'd go).

I think most people entering contests that involves travel and being in different places would have similar trouble. How many countries have you been in with a digital camera? I'm trying to count, but it's not very many. Maybe 6 countries.
  7. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2005
    Sounds awesome!!!

I saw some really cheap/cool trips they are offering to Asia/Southeast Asia. I am really tempted and should probably take advantage of it as long as I still can. We'll see.
  8. macbookprouser macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006