I'm having a "7 'month' Itch" with my MacBook... LOL

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sonictonic, Jan 7, 2007.

1. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

People, what do I do here... I need some advice... and maybe some sense knocked into me :p

I have a 1.83GHz white MacBook with the maxed out 2GB of RAM and a 120GB Western Digital Hard drive installed.

I have a secret admiration for the black MacBook, and I am starting to be slightly disappointed in not being able to burn DVD's also...

So, my question is, especially with MacWorld around the corner, would I be dumb to trade in my 7 month old white 1.83 MacBook Core Duo for a newer rev'd 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, black MacBook with the same size HD (120GB) and 2GB of RAM? I'd be out of pocket about $600 I think after selling my current MacBook... Would it be worth it? One other thing I am very interested in too, is the whole 802.11n thing. I've been told different things, like the newest MacBooks have support for it, but the older revision ones , like mine, do not support the 802.11n. Is this true?

If the newer MacBooks support N, then I will wanna trade up even more, since I plan on getting the iTV thing when it comes out and I'm told you need N for that...

Should I wait until Tuesday to get more info about the iTV, and if anything on the MacBook models change at all before I do anything? And if I do wait, will the value of my current MacBook go down a ton, if I don't do a quick auction that ends on or before Tuesday @ 9am?

Help! I'm crazy! :D

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I would not have thought the difference would be worth the money and effort. Wait until the next MB upgrade. An itch is irritating but not something that you can't live with. A gut wrenching pain that won't go away is another thing. You will get that in 4 months. :D

3. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really don't wanna come off as a jerk here :eek:

I drank way too much of this Apple Kool-Aid I think... :p

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

As flopticalcube says, at least wait for the next upgrade. If you need to burn DVD's, buy an external.

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

Use that for now, and then wait for the next upgrade.

6. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I think that making the switch would require MUCH more time/money/effort than it would be worth. I'd spend some money on an external DVD burner, if you really need to burn DVD's.

7. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

You guys are right.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Yipee!!!

8. Locolako macrumors newbie

9. Fender macrumors regular

Fender

That new Mac itch is very, very familiar to me. I probably replace my Macs every 8 or 9 months :p