I'm having a CONTEST.

Discussion in 'Community' started by brianellisrules, Feb 23, 2004.

1. brianellisrules macrumors regular

Most of you guys don't know me, but I post in the web design forum quite a bit. I'm just trying to get the word out. Anyhoo....

Brian Ellis Rules.com Sticker Picture Contest!

What the...?
    That's right, we here at BrianEllisRules.com have decided to hold a contest, the likes of which have never before been seen. This is a contest of astronomical proportions. This contest will rock your socks off. This contest... well, you get the point.

Gimme the Details!
    I realize you're all chomping at the bit to get started. The good news is that some of you have already gotten started. Yup, some of you are already entered into the contest. Pretty sweet, right? Don't worry, there's plenty of time for the rest of you to get in on the action. So, what exactly IS this action? Simple, just take some kickass pictures of some brianellisrules.com stickers in action and send them in. You've got to be wondering, "that's it!?" That's it.

What Do I Win?!
    Most contests give away things like cool prizes or fun gifts. Some contests give away vacations to exotic locales. Heck, I've seen contests where they've given away a jetski. Man, that'd be sweet. Well, BrianEllisRules.com is no different! The winner of this contest will receive a 5 day, 4 night trip to... NOWHERE! And there's no jetskis either, sorry. But, the winner of this contest will receive one (1) winter beard, complete with certificate of authenticity. Yup, when it comes time to say goodbye to the winter beard, I'll be sure to save it in a bag and I'll mail it to the winner. And if I ever get around to making t-shirts, you'll get one of those too, I promise. So how sweet is that? A winter beard and a t-shirt... better than a punch in the face, right? Well, maybe *slightly* better.

How Do I Win!?
    The winning picture will be selected from any and all sticker pictures we receive before the end of the contest, Friday, April 16, 2004. Who's going to pick the winner? That is still TBD. What's the criteria for a winner? Nothing other than it has to be a kickass picture. The winner will be selected based on coolness, funness and keepingitrealness.

So What's the Catch?!
    No catch! No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. Get your stickers here, and start snapping some pictures! And be sure to tell your friends!

(Oh yeah, if you don't have access to a digital camera, we can make arrangements to get pictures scanned in.)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So the link is just to contact you - why don't you post a picture of the sticker or sample of a contest picture here.

Also, I have a beard that I'll be shaving off soon, don't know if I'd want yours. Any other prize options?

D

3. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

4. judith macrumors regular

judith

Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

There are
    Please!

5. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

I didn't realize the grammar rodeo was this week!! ;)

Done and done!

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

Its so much better when the clowns come out and taunt the crowd.... :p

Sent you a request for stickers - any rules/guidelines ?

D

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

you're going to want to get a high visibility place, ideally... that gains some points. putting it on a person directly is challenging, and thus worth some serious points.

of course, it all requires pictures for proof and to share the moment with everyone.

it's good to get yourself in the picture if it's feasible because then you have even more to gloat about... for instance, you in the foreground with the sticker on some person walking around unknowingly advertising for the site... that is pure gold.

dismount and landing are important too. don't want too much splash

ps. it's "give me" not "gimme". jackass!

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

Nifty contest. Just continue and don't get discouraged. :cool:

9. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Do you pay for bail if we get in some serious trouble with law enforcement? :p

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

his sugar momma most certainly will

however, we're still searching for that piece of the puzzle. let us know if you know someone who'd fit the bill

11. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    this is so me.

a contest with no prize...sounds like my life.

therefore, i've sent for stickers...

12. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

It's basically prison rules.... anything goes.

The people-stickering has been done a few times already (reference: NY 6, 7, 14, 15, etc from the gallery), so that probably wouldn't garner too many points. High visibility is definitely worth a ton of points... or perhaps famous landmarks, like the additions today of the Grand Canyon pics. Although getting a picture of a stickered famous person would pretty much guarantee victory...

Bail won't be paid, sorry. I'm just looking for pictures of my stickers in various places! I'm not responsible for how they get there! :D

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: this is so me.

awesome. you'll probably be the first one to send in pics of the retirement castle covered in stickers. nice!

you see, generally the crowd has been well, a bit... hmm, how to put it.... not dragging the coffin around with them wherever they walk...

:rolleyes:

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm having a CONTEST.

And how do you know these things won't be photoshopped?

D

15. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Maybe if you give me some stickers that say "BrianEllisSucks.com" I'd be more than happy to distribute those around.

Quit defacing stuff.

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hahahahaha... hahahahah

seriously, did you sit on a pole or what?

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you really should try to stop peeing on yourself....

sticking these things in public places should be done with care and a little forethought. Its all in fun, but why make problems....

D

18. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Sorry, I just hate stickers pasted everywhere. It looks ugly. You want to make a sweet ride look like crap? Just add a sticker.

Sorry, next time I'll keep my comments to myself. Just in a bad mood I guess.

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

and lose my voting constituents? nah

how are problems being made exactly? and why use forethought? just trying to spread the word and have some fun doing it.

we did some stickering in your town tonight. i guess we were walking up and down king st. keep an eye out.... check out the world headquarters of travel agents or whatever... and plenty of other spots...

agreenster- sure, stickers everywhere can get ugly, that's why the pure, clean, high profile places are more fun to get... and we haven't put any on cars... everyone gets moody sometimes, no big deal

20. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    Re: Re: this is so me.

correction: since i've been working out, i CARRY my coffin...thank you.

you're not still mad because i dissed your skanky beard are you?;) don't worry, once your voice changes that whole facial hair thing should kick right in...

kids.... :rolleyes:

21. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

agreenster... so I take it I won't be receiving any submissions from you? that's a shame.

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

and you didn't call?!?! I'm saddened....

So what were you doing in old town, other than plastering stickers?

D

23. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

I'll field this one....

I was down there for work... Had a meating in Crystal City yesterday and spent Tuesday and Wednesday night at the Marriot on Eisenhower Ave. Those cats came down and hung out on Tuesday night.

I have pictures of some of the stickers we stumbled upon... I'll probably get them up on Monday.

24. brianellisrules thread starter macrumors regular

WE'RE IN BUSINESS! WOOHOO!

[​IMG]

Anyone who requested stickers, they've been mailed out... anyone else who wants stickers get on it!

:D

25. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What do you do for work? Next time you're in Crystal City you should go to Kabob Palace and have some of the best cheap food in DC. I try and get there once a week, although I've not managed that lately.

I haven't had a chance to see if the pics are still there, but I'll go back with my camera soon and check.

D