I'm having a nostalga trip

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jalexster, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2004
    I haven't been on MacRumors all that long (found out about it because it was included as the default RSS stream in a RSS widget for Konfabulator), but I decided to go any look up the thread for when the iPod was first introduced.

It's it great to look at messages like:

Just to look at those posts, brings a smile to my fact. I wish i could say to them all:

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Working in the photo retail sector i have learned never to try to judge what the consumer will pay.
  3. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2004
    You mean they will pay for overpriced items, when they know there are cheaper items on the market, just because the overpriced items in questing are "cool, sexy, easy to use, and likly to get you laid"?

Hmm... (For you people out there who can't take a HINT, the items in question, are iPods).
  4. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    If Apple advertised that the iPod would help you get laid, they could triple their sales figures. :D :D
  5. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Jul 1, 2003
    Sounds oddly reminiscent of the BMW sales pitch about how bimmer drivers get laid more...
  6. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    So are you happy cause these people agree with you that the iPod is overpriced?

If so thanks for informing us 2 million iPod users. We have been hearing this since the iPod's release.

7. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

Jun 6, 2003
    read it again. Jalexster is pointing out that back in the day, even some of us faithful had serious doubts about the iPod. it's kind of a "who's laughing now" post.

and well done, at that. it should remind everyone that very few of us are actually consumer marketing experts, and all the jibberjabbering that goes on at macrumors isn't always an accurate prediction of how any given product will perform.