I'm having a wee bit of trouble

Discussion in 'iPod' started by X-Morgan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. X-Morgan macrumors member

My iPod was showing signs of a bad battery; like when in work, it only lasts around 6-7 hours then runs dry after a full charge. I ran serches here and calibrated the battery and took all nessesary steps to try and improve battery life before contacing Apple but to no avil.

I sent the iPod for repair/replacement and it came back today with Apple saying there was no problems with the battery:confused:

So I'm stuck with a below average battery, and to make matters worse I took off my InvisibleShield before sending it, so my iPod was in pristine condition, and now it's back with the mirror finish on the back look like it was cleaned with steel wool, which I am veryvery annoyed about, I take great care in all my products and I don't expect this kind of thing to happen.

I'm trying to keep calm about the whole situation, can anyone suggest what I can do, since I'm a bit of a novice at this.

Cheers in reply

Chris :)

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I've never run mine down completely, but I would imagine 6-7 hours is reasonable based on normal use.

What version and how old is your iPod? What are your volume settings? Are you using the equalizer or any other sound enhancement settings?

3. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Exactly what i was going to ask. The older models, ie 4th gen and below only ever had that amount but anewer one should have a better battery.

4. X-Morgan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that would really help if I told you all a bit more information!

iPod nano 1st Gen 4GB
    Purchased May 2006

So it's not that old and I don't run it down completly, but on average use on full shuffle without touching it, it really only used for a few hours a day.

5. X-Morgan thread starter macrumors member