I'm having trouble connecting Airport Express to 360. Help?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ricgnzlzcr, Jan 31, 2007.

1. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I'm having problems connecting my Airport Express (the one that streams music) wireless to my 360. It just doesn't find the signal on our 360. My Wii and macbook work just great, but I have no idea how to fix this for the 360. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

2. cyclone84 macrumors regular

This is probably a stupid question, but do you have a wireless adapter for the 360? It doesn't have wireless built in, as the Wii does.

3. ricgnzlzcr thread starter macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Yea, I should have mentioned that because I'm sure people forget it. I do have the wireless dongle for the 360. Any ideas about what's going on?

4. bmb012 macrumors 6502

Is there a cd or something that comes with the dongle that you need to install? I mean, a device doesn't just choose to not see a wireless network... I'd say create a wireless network with your computer to see if the 360 can wirelessly see any network.

5. ricgnzlzcr thread starter macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Well the 360 recognizes the neighbors wireless and my Wii recognizes my own. For some reason the 360 doesn't connect. I'm not sure what the difference between WEP or WAP is, but could that have an effect?

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

WEP and WPA are two different encryption methods for connecting, but it shouldn't in theory affect your ability to actually see the network, only to connect to it. Does it just not connect, or is the network not visible at all?

It's important to choose the proper encryption between WEP and WPA when entering your password.

7. ricgnzlzcr thread starter macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I'm not entirely sure if my airport is encrypted in WEP or WPA. Is there a simple way of checking through the utilities on my computer. Maybe that has something to do with my connection.

Also, thanks for the replies. I really am a beginner when it comes to this. :)

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Try going to Applications/Utilities/AirPort Admin Utility and running that. It should tell you all about the configuration of your base station.